Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: P-F’s big-ass coronavirus betting pool thread

P-F’s big-ass coronavirus betting pool thread

Ok kids, who wants to place bets as to the first P-F’er to test positive for CoVid-19?

Will it be one of the docs? @YVK, @Doc_Glock?

Will it be a first responder?

How about @Borderland... he’s in the center of USA ground zero.

I might be a candidate, since I’m on faculty at every local U that’s worth a darn—including one that may already have exposure.

So what say ye?

Throw your bets down. The first one with the right answer gets a NIB CRKT “dragon” as a prize, assuming that A, I can find it, and B, I’m still alive to put into USPS priority.

Get your bets in early, as I’m sure this contest will expire soon.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Betting on myself.
    After my bout with a variant of West Nile, "Something, Something Encephalitis", my immune system is trashed.
    Plus, two grand kids in the Sodak 16 Basketball tournament this week and next.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Hammertime
    I had H1N1 back in the day and it kinda sucked. That was a decade or so ago and probably the last time I was bedridden from illness. So I hope not.

Site Supporter
    My wife and I work in two different high schools in town, and I’m also the girls tennis coach and we travel or have visiting teams almost every week right now. Sometimes two meets.

I well may encounter someone with it.

I'm betting RevolverBob, he's in Chicago isn't he? Pretty sure that place is currently trying to kill him...

I'm in the south Pacific, in a country with a heavy Chinese presence, and I'll be traveling back to the USA around the end of April- and I have a two week vacation in Sanibel right when I get back.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I have to go to Vancouver in a couple of weeks; my guess is that they have many unknown cases at the moment.

It's not transmitted by blood is it? I'll shank anyone who approaches the 4runner, that should ensure I have no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I'm betting RevolverBob, he's in Chicago isn't he? Pretty sure that place is currently trying to kill him...
    With my luck that’s probably exactly what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Ok kids, who wants to place bets as to the first P-F’er to test positive for CoVid-19?

Will it be one of the docs? @YVK, @Doc_Glock?
    I think I have a chance of taking the first place here.

First, I am still going to Ireland in 18 days. The meeting organizers just sent an email that they intend to proceed, unless there are new developments. They graciously offered a totally loss-free cancellation for anyone who's worried but I said fuck no. Ireland so far has one case, not worried about that place nearly as much as going through the JFK and being in the airplane for 8 hours with its closed vent system. Might choose to look dorky and use an N95 during the transit.

Second, I am in Utah. With missionaries coming home from over the world, we've a pretty good chance getting some. I read the Mormon church statement on that and what they are doing, and it sounded terrible. They are bringing missionaries in from the East, including three Korean and six Japanese locations, if they are near their term, or have chronic conditions, or elderly. Then they are asking them to self-quarantine at their homes for 14 days. I mean, there are usually 20 to 40 people meeting each missionary immediately after they step across the TSA line... This church has a $100 billion equity fund, you'd think they can afford to properly quarantine people coming back from high risk areas. Their statement had no word about their mission in Milan either.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I commute daily to the largest medical campus in the US which is home to 3 of our states' biggest hospitals (VA, children's, university). My lab is also on the floor of our division of pulm/crit care's faculty office space, so ~12-18 attending ICU physicians in and out every day (on top of ICU fellows and residents).

Plan is to reduce my time there in the near future, but we just signed a lease on an apartment effectively across the street from the campus, full of other people in healthcare. Moving in ~7 weeks. Seems inevitable.

edit: to clarify I'm betting on me. but if I am intubated and proned out in the MICU, not sure if I will have much use for a pocket knife...

User Tag List