Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry Optics max weight changed

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    P.S. I read but not verified myself that a proposal to move Production to 15 rounds didn't pass. Strong work, keep killing the division.
    +1 Not only should Prod be 15 rounds, so should CO.

If what you heard is true, combined with the higher weight limit for CO, just about guarantees Production's slide into L10 oblivion at least around where I live.

In the end, I have other priorities besides keeping up with the Joneses so the CO changes have no impact on me personally.

Weirdly as someone who shoots PO the one CO rule I would like is the 140mm magazine one, to make it more than just Prod with a dot.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

In our area, the heat in local matches is in CO, Limited, Open and PCC, and while there are differences between those divisions, 140mm mags give me an opportunity to compete with PCC/Open/Limited in local matches. Since arrays are generally eight rounds, 15 rounds is like a beer and a half when everyone else has a pitcher. CO is overwhelmingly the fastest growing USPSA division in our area, and going to 15 rounds would seriously dent that growth.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Methinks the Legions position as the most popular CO gun will be ending very soon.
    Well "coincidentally" SIG just came out with a metal frame SIG 320 X5...

With 15 rounds in the mag, and most starts being loaded and holstered, Production shooters get enough ammo for two arrays. You end up with a slide lock reload which is not a big deal if you do it on the run (no time lost).

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    P.S. I read but not verified myself that a proposal to move Production to 15 rounds didn't pass.
    For what it's worth, I heard that too. I can't find where I heard it again though.

ETA: Aha, here it is, from the BOD minutes:
    Discussion led by Area 2 about increasing capacity in Production Division to 15 rounds. Failed by unanimous consensus without support or motion.
    Last edited by jbrimlow; 03-03-2020 at 10:13 AM. Reason: edit quote for clarity, add from minutes

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    For what it's worth, I heard that too. I can't find where I heard it again though.
    Yes, I've read it too. I didn't expect this to pass for political reasons. California, for example, used to have one of the biggest shooting scenes. We need to protect people in such states to promote our sport.
    Personally, I don't care about 10rds vs 15rds production limits. This is not the biggest issue with the division .

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Why would they raise production weight limits to 59 ounces?
    Perhaps to accommodate the DWX (https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/dwx/) which is 43 ounces bare. Add a pound for this-'n-that and Voila! 59 ounces.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Perhaps to accommodate the DWX (https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/dwx/) which is 43 ounces bare. Add a pound for this-'n-that and Voila! 59 ounces.
    DWX is a single action gun. Not allowed in Production

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In our area, the heat in local matches is in CO, Limited, Open and PCC, and while there are differences between those divisions, 140mm mags give me an opportunity to compete with PCC/Open/Limited in local matches. Since arrays are generally eight rounds, 15 rounds is like a beer and a half when everyone else has a pitcher. CO is overwhelmingly the fastest growing USPSA division in our area, and going to 15 rounds would seriously dent that growth.
    Same here. Less than 10% are shooting production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List