Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry Optics max weight changed

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Why would they raise production weight limits to 59 ounces?
    They figured they would do it now, in case Bernie gets elected and they can’t do it later.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

It's ridiculous IMHO. Production my ass

Looks like it clears the weight limitation for the shadow 2 optics ready model. CZ USA will be importing them to the USA since they had been available everywhere but in the US because it doesn’t make weight in the current 45 oz limit for carry optics.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Why would they raise production weight limits to 59 ounces?
    They have been adding an ounce here and two there, and now decided to just get done with it and raise the bar so a truck can drive under it. Literally.
    @cheby is right, CZ USA must have hired a strong lobbying firm. I wonder of there's anything heavier than tungsten that SIG can melt into their grips to keep the top CO gun place.

P.S. I read but not verified myself that a proposal to move Production to 15 rounds didn't pass. Strong work, keep killing the division. I also read that the 59 oz is also a new Production weight limit.
    I wanna meet him in person if I can get a chance. That one guy who will compete with a 59 oz gun loaded with ten 9 mm bullets. And one in chamber, of course.
    Last edited by YVK; 03-03-2020 at 12:32 AM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I think (unless I missed it last year) they also dropped the required minimum number of units sold from 2,000 to 500 for the Production List.

Maybe the CZC A01-LD is also going to come to Prod and CO.

Methinks the Legions position as the most popular CO gun will be ending very soon.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I'm excited to see the insanely heavy Shadow 2s people will set up now. Wonder how much one weighs with a tungsten guide rod, brass mag extension, and Eric Grauffel brass grips.

Anyone that lobbied to have this happen is ruining Production.
    Prod should not have gas pedals and $1800 guns

I think the weight change in CO makes some sense (it's stupid that one of the most popular pistols needs additional slide cuts to even be legal) but doing it in Prod strikes me as incredibly pointless.

Allowing the most popular gun in IPSC PO does make sense.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

User Tag List