Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Carry Optics max weight changed

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Even @jetfire thinks revolver in USPSA is lame.

(Says the guy who actually has Revo & L10 classifiers on record...)
    That's because adding 8-shot revolvers and allowing minor scoring ruined revolver. You absolutely have to have an 8-shooter if you want to be competitive. Out of only 31 shooters at Nationals last year, 2 shot major. 2!

I'm also willing to bet that every single one of those guys who shot Nationals also shot ICORE Nationals, which is a better match for revolver shooters, period. I don't think USPSA should get rid of the division, mostly because I still shoot revolver, but I also am not going to cry my eyes out if they do kill it.

I do think they should keep it for Steel Challenge, because they have 533 divisions at Steel Challenge anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I do think they should keep it for Steel Challenge, because they have 533 divisions at Steel Challenge anyway.
    That may not even be an exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    That may not even be an exaggeration.
    The first year I shot The Steel Challenge (the big one) was back in 2011 when it was still in Piru. Back then they had their own divisions, plus they had all the IDPA divisions. They also still! have two revolver divisions.

Right, why am I bumping this year old thread? Well, I missed it, because I was busy with other things, and wasn't shooting CO at the time. I've recently moved from P (G19) to CO (G34) and obviously I need to get with the programme, so I'm not left behind in the CO arms race. My G34 has a Holosun 507c v2, so the "Noob CO shooter who could not afford a RMR" box is checked.

Now, what else do I need?

I have a brass Thugplug already. A tungsten guide rod? Of course!

But, what magazines? I've got my Gen5 Glock 17 mags already, but I need to make them 140mm length, right? What's the most robust extended basepad (and the heaviest, naturally!) I can get? Taran? Springer? Taylor Freelance?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Right, why am I bumping this year old thread? Well, I missed it, because I was busy with other things, and wasn't shooting CO at the time. I've recently moved from P (G19) to CO (G34) and obviously I need to get with the programme, so I'm not left behind in the CO arms race. My G34 has a Holosun 507c v2, so the "Noob CO shooter who could not afford a RMR" box is checked.

Now, what else do I need?

I have a brass Thugplug already. A tungsten guide rod? Of course!

But, what magazines? I've got my Gen5 Glock 17 mags already, but I need to make them 140mm length, right? What's the most robust extended basepad (and the heaviest, naturally!) I can get? Taran? Springer? Taylor Freelance?
    1) after your thug, I think an X300 is a great way to add weight in the right place and not introduce unintended effects that can come with a RSA change. I am ambivalent about the tungsten guide rod, but if I got one, I would go 15 pounds on the spring.

2) I think the Holosun is a better gaming optic than a RMR, as it is taller vertically, and gives you reticle choices for adverse light. Single dot for most situations, circle or circle dot for low light. Lots of reticle draws your focus from the target, which is undesirable for most lighting.

3) you might wanted an extended mag release. I like this one:

https://www.tyrantcnc.com/gen4-gen5-...e-release.html

4) I would be careful with heavy weighted base pads with a Glock, as they can cause accelerated wear and fall out.most people use the Taran 140 extensions.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I run the Dawson pads on my Glocks. I like that you don’t have to contort the springs to take them on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    1) after your thug, I think an X300 is a great way to add weight in the right place and not introduce unintended effects that can come with a RSA change. I am ambivalent about the tungsten guide rod, but if I got one, I would go 15 pounds on the spring.

2) I think the Holosun is a better gaming optic than a RMR, as it is taller vertically, and gives you reticle choices for adverse light. Single dot for most situations, circle or circle dot for low light. Lots of reticle draws your focus from the target, which is undesirable for most lighting.

3) you might wanted an extended mag release. I like this one:

https://www.tyrantcnc.com/gen4-gen5-...e-release.html

4) I would be careful with heavy weighted base pads with a Glock, as they can cause accelerated wear and fall out.most people use the Taran 140 extensions.
    I may add a Holosun to the SRO stable, which do ya rec. for gaming & thoughts on an ext. mag release for the gen 2 COREs, is it even necessary?

In my book of Glocking if you wanna game the hell out of it, as you're obviously doing with all that extra weight all over, the most important upgrade is trigger. I hear Timney released their new wonder trigger for Gen5.

I used Taylor brass extensions. GJM pointing out that heavy extensions may fall out comes from my experience. I'd still use them but I'd make sure mag bodies are fresh and mag catch is fresh too. They do give 4 oz of extra weight.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    I may add a Holosun to the SRO stable, which do ya rec. for gaming & thoughts on an ext. mag release for the gen 2 COREs, is it even necessary?
    I really don’t recommend any Holosun for gaming, except a 509T for matches in the rain! For gaming, I like the Springer Precision M&P mag release.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List