Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry Optics max weight changed

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I didn't expect this to pass for political reasons. California, for example, used to have one of the biggest shooting scenes. We need to protect people in such states to promote our sport.
    Keeping Production limited to 10 rounds because very few states have a 10 round limit fails any logic test imaginable.

If production needs to be limited to 10 rounds nationwide to keep it viable in a few states, why not too for every other division?

If people can shoot Open in capacity limited states without affecting how Open is played in non-capacity limited states, why can't they self limit Production to 10 rounds in their states while the rest of us do something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Keeping Production limited to 10 rounds because very few states have a 10 round limit fails any logic test imaginable.

If production needs to be limited to 10 rounds nationwide to keep it viable in a few states, why not too for every other division?

If people can shoot Open in capacity limited states without affecting how Open is played in non-capacity limited states, why can't they self limit Production to 10 rounds in their states while the rest of us do something else?
    Production is also a gateway to people coming over from IDPA, which is limited to 10.

Also, I wouldn't go making round count changes over the next 24 months...

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Production is also a gateway to people coming over from IDPA, which is limited to 10.
    Artificially limited to 10.

So they can put five more rounds in their 17 - 19 round magazines when they come to try our game. Which happens a whole lot less often than most seem to think.

IME there's very little crossover between both sports as far as shooters go. It's two completely different mentalities. I started there and never looked back once I got a taste of USPSA.

Site Supporter

A few states but unfortunately those few states have large populations including things like military bases which tend to have large reservoirs of shooters.

Actually I agree. Should be 15rds to be identical to IPSC

IME there's very little crossover between both sports as far as shooters go. It's two completely different mentalities. I started there and never looked back once I got a taste of USPSA.

I say horse-puckey.

I can't argue against your experience, but in my neck of the woods AND at the major match regional/national level, there's quite a healthy overlap of competitors who shoot both sports.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    A few states but unfortunately those few states have large populations including things like military bases which tend to have large reservoirs of shooters.
    Changing Production to 15 rounds will have zero effect on them, just like the fact that Open, Limited, and Carry Optics all have no capacity restrictions.

My jaded (and likely unpopular) two cents…

I’ve long argued that Production division should be just that… a division, like SSP, that folks can be competitive in with an out of the box pistol and out of the box magazines. The new weight bump just moves things further down the custom pistol road and away from that concept. I have a sad.

Re capacity, I like the Production 10 round limit. I’ve really enjoyed going back and forth between production and SS minor without having to make stage plan adjustments and being able to compare scores and performance apples to apples. I wouldn’t be too shattered if Production went to 15 rounds, as it'd still keep with the “stock” concept above, but I’m pretty happy where it is.

I originally liked the concept of “Production Optics” in USPSA. In particular b/c it’d have offered the ability to compare results with other minor/low cap divisions. I’d personally preferred if it had stayed consistent with Production. All that said, I currently find myself on Henning’s webpage shopping for extended base pads such that I might dabble in some CO in the months to come. I guess we’ll see if I change my tune.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    I say horse-puckey.

I can't argue against your experience, but in my neck of the woods AND at the major match regional/national level, there's quite a healthy overlap of competitors who shoot both sports.

I was going to suggest otherwise as well,. but didn't want to ignite the inevitable flame war between IDPA and USPSA.

CZ Custom's A-01 line is making more sense now...

Name:  96336_a01_ld_or_optic__small.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  38.7 KB
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List