Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry Optics max weight changed

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yup. Agree. I did 6 in 6 Challenge today also, and wouldn’t want to try that with the P-07.
    My Google fu is weak this morning. What is 6 in 6 challenge ?

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    My Google fu is weak this morning. What is 6 in 6 challenge ?
    CM 09-01
    Set timer to six seconds for all strings.
    75 ft. On signal, engage targets with two rounds each, make a mandatory reload and reengage targets with two rounds each.
    45 ft. On signal, engage targets with two rounds each strong hand only.
    30 ft. On signal, engage targets with two rounds each weak hand only.

High Hit Factor is 91.5 in Production. Not an easy classifier.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    CM 09-01
    High Hit Factor is 91.5 in Production. Not an easy classifier.
    It's not a horribly hard classifier to hit 85% on. In CO, you can do that without the mandatory reload at the beginning. Its that M-GM jump that really takes some skill.

Quote Originally Posted by fwrun View Post
    It's not a horribly hard classifier to hit 85% on. In CO, you can do that without the mandatory reload at the beginning. Its that M-GM jump that really takes some skill.
    Yep. Have to get at least one good hit after the reload.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

In CO, you can do that without the mandatory reload at the beginning. Its that M-GM jump that really takes some skill.
    BTW, this classifier is the example that CO is probably the best division right now to move up in your classification. Many CO HHFs are based on Production which on this classifier is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    BTW, this classifier is the example that CO is probably the best division right now to move up in your classification. Many CO HHFs are based on Production which on this classifier is just wrong.
    I don’t want to derail too much, but the recent BOD meeting addressed the myth of certain divisions being easier to move up in, and statistics showed that it doesn’t bear out as dramatically as people think....

On this classifier, both are scored minor, both fire no more than 6 per mag, and neither can have magwells. I’m not seeing the gross injustice on this classifier.

I don’t want to derail too much, but the recent BOD meeting addressed the myth of certain divisions being easier to move up in, and statistics showed that it doesn’t bear out as dramatically as people think....

On this classifier, both are scored minor, both fire no more than 6 per mag, and neither can have magwells. I’m not seeing the gross injustice on this classifier.
    dot vs Iron sights at 25yrds - that's the difference

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    dot vs Iron sights at 25yrds - that's the difference
    Which is then offset by the one handed shooting at closer distances. Easier to shoot at 25 with a dot. Harder to lose irons when shooting weak hand only.

Harder to lose irons when shooting weak hand only.
    What?? No, you are doing it wrong. 6 Sec to shoot 6 shots at 10 yrds WHO is very generous and it is the easiest part of this classifier. 6 Sec to shoot 6, reload, shoot 6 at 25yrds, on the other hand, a very different story and it is 50% of the score on this classifier.
    This classifier is all about the 25yrd part.

I don’t get why such a radical change.

Admittedly, this helps me, slightly. When I did my Shadow 2 to meet previous rules, I didn’t like the grips. I put the stock grips back on, and was teetering on the limit. I was going to punch some holes in the factory grips to give me a better buffer. Glad I procrastinated.

The problem with these changes aren't the changes themselves, it’s the new precedent that is set. Changes will now come at the will of the governing body, with likely little or no input from the majority (but rather a loud and / or elitist minority). If today’s changes don’t impact you, tomorrow’s will.

User Tag List