Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Carry Optics max weight changed

Increasing the maximum weight doesn’t bother me, but I will be pissed off if they implement a minimum weight and my Glock 17 becomes illegal, on the theory my pistol is too easy to transition with.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Increasing the maximum weight doesn’t bother me, but I will be pissed off if they implement a minimum weight and my Glock 17 becomes illegal, on the theory my pistol is too easy to transition with.
    If they do, they'll probably let you hang a weight on it, so there is that.

So with effectively no weight limit for CO and Production now, how long until we start seeing some truly exotic guide rod and grip plug materials? Depleted uranium is denser than tungsten, right? :P

I would be happy to stand in line and pay big money for DU gun parts, 'cuz DU, but then it would be difficult to keep myself from looking for neutron sources. If ya give a mouse a cookie...
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    So with effectively no weight limit for CO and Production now, how long until we start seeing some truly exotic guide rod and grip plug materials? Depleted uranium is denser than tungsten, right? :P
    I mean, you can bolt all the depleted uranium parts to your Glock all you want to 59oz. Nils Jonasson is still going to kick almost everyone’s ass with a Canik that’s been lightly fiddled with. You’re still better served spending the money on ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I mean, you can bolt all the depleted uranium parts to your Glock all you want to 59oz. Nils Jonasson is still going to kick almost everyone’s ass with a Canik that’s been lightly fiddled with. You’re still better served spending the money on ammo.
    Was it somehow unclear that I was joking?

Tungsten is actually more dense than DU

Quote Originally Posted by fwrun View Post
    Tungsten is actually more dense than DU
    Huh, that's surprising given their relative positions on the periodic table, but I just looked it up and you're right; it's a very slight difference, but tungsten is more dense. Now my joke falls even flatter.

Was it somehow unclear that I was joking?
    I got the joke. Some people really think that though. Just threw out my statement to bring those lurkers back to reality.

I am listening to the latest Stoeger podcast. The discussion is about the latest rule changes as well as about the USPSA divisions in general. Some of the points:

1. Production is dead.
    2. CO is going to be the most popular division
    3. L10 and Revolver need to go
    4. PCC should be completely separate

and much more...

I've been thinking along those lines for quite a while myself.

https://youtu.be/mLODz2QLsJg

User Tag List