Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 MOS vs. Glock 45 MOS

I'm probably overlooking something very obvious but what is the difference between the G45 and G19X? It looks like they are both G17 frames, with a G19 slide?

I've given up hope that we'll ever get a true G19 frame, with a true G17 slide. That's what I've wanted for more than a decade.

Sorry - off topic...

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    I'm probably overlooking something very obvious but what is the difference between the G45 and G19X? It looks like they are both G17 frames, with a G19 slide?
    G45- magwell flare, front slide serrations, ships with 17rd mags, black
    G19X- front strap toe not compatible with gen5 mag floor plates, straight wall mag well (no gen5 flare), maritime spring cups, ships with 1x 17rd and 2x 19rd mags, coyote brown
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    G45 also has the breach face cut opposite the extractor for enhanced extraction and ejection while the 19X does not. This is a big deal for me.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    G45 also has the breach face cut opposite the extractor for enhanced extraction and ejection while the 19X does not. This is a big deal for me.

A huge deal.

I was shooting with a buddy that that has 3 19Xs and all three ejected like a popcorn popper.

Did it with full power 147 grain ammo and three very experienced shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    I've given up hope that we'll ever get a true G19 frame, with a true G17 slide. That's what I've wanted for more than a decade.
    Here's hoping the Glock 47, or at least the slide, becomes commercially available.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Here's hoping the Glock 47, or at least the slide, becomes commercially available.
    Why??

The whole reason the 17 shoots softer than the 19 is the recoil spring with more coils.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Why??

The whole reason the 17 shoots softer than the 19 is the recoil spring with more coils.
    For those who want to pair the longer slide with the shorter frame, it is the only option that is actually in production, if not commercially available.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Why??

My 47 shoots softer than my 17 & 19…pretty close to my 45 but haven’t put those side by side yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    My 47 shoots softer than my 17 & 19…pretty close to my 45 but haven’t put those side by side yet.

Let me guess.

It’s a totally different gun and you have to shoot one to believe how incredibly soft and flat it shoots.

Amirite?

Nope. It’s just a run of the mill Glock that shoots more like a G45 than a G17…which is a bit softer. It’s subtle, unlike the attitude in your post.

User Tag List