Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 MOS vs. Glock 45 MOS

My attitude is what it is because a 45 is a functionally a 19 and 19s don’t shoot softer than 17s.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    My attitude is what it is because a 45 is a functionally a 19 and 19s don’t shoot softer than 17s.
    I disagree. With the longer grip of the 45, I get more leverage on the gun to counteract the torque on the gun during slide travel, compared to a 19. I have pretty big hands and my pinkie rests on the magazine floor plate when shooting a 19, so my grip on the 45 is much better.

So I disagree that the whole package is like a 19; the top end is, but that’s it.

I vastly prefer the 45 over my 19 or 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recoil is what it is. You may think a 45 is softer than a 17, but it’s not.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Recoil is what it is. You may think a 45 is softer than a 17, but it’s not.
    Not a physicist, but leverage would be different between the two due to dwell time differences. And if he believes it is softer shooting for him, who am I to say differently?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

To clarify, I don't think the 45 is softer shooting than the 17, it just tracks flatter and returns to the target faster. I disagree with your comment that it's just like a 19.

However, I do respect M2's position.

I am not sure softer is an attribute we should be striving for in a handgun.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am not sure softer is an attribute we should be striving for in a handgun.

Softer is better. More accurate, faster, and more reliable.

I'm not sure "softer" is the right word, but it's close and more universally understood. It's also the most frequently heard word with those transitioning from G17.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Count me in the group that thinks the G45 is the best gun Glock has ever put into production.

Had another outing with my G45 MOS + RMR + PMM JTTC Ultra 2-port Comp today. It's like a magic gun. Laser beam + flat. I did have to switch to a Gen 3 15lb recoil spring setup which bothered me conceptually, but it sure shoots good!

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    Count me in the group that thinks the G45 is the best gun Glock has ever put into production.

User Tag List