Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping Slide for Sight Install

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    I was always more worried about people stealing what was in the box because they could.
    That's what adequately insuring and properly declaring the package is for.

Uh...there are no legal restrictions on shipping slides.

We have our own Fedex account, so no one ever asks what is inside the box. However, if they did, I would answer, "a slide".

Site Supporter
    Exactly, the only reason you might run into an issue is if it's a private shop the business owner might get upset.

Like I had a Lady making a box for me to ship my SGL21-71 back to Arsenal (Dude... I went to four or five businesses, including the Fedex Hub, looking for a box to fit it), she told me, they weren't allowed to ship any firearm parts, even a firing pin.

She was the manager. But it was also a small U.P.S. Satellite shop.

I've mailed two guns and used Fedex both times. Had a good experience both times. Cheaper than I though too.

I happen to have the receipt next to me, I mailed a 12.1 lb package, insured for $800, ground and it was $24.67.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    If you're a USAA member, you can get a discount on your Fedex account so all of your shipments are much cheaper. For those that are interested: Log in -> Products & Services -> Shopping & Discounts -> Shipping
    What is USAA?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    What is USAA?
    https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/prod...s_and_services

USAA headquarters are huge....several city blocks, I work across the street from it and curse the morning and evening traffic...for a insurance co their employees can't drive for crap always accidents at the security gates.

I wanted to thank everyone for their comments. I ended up shipping my slide USPS Express on Wednesday. After cleaning the gun, I lightly lubricated the slide and wrapped it in bubble wrap before putting it in the box. I insured it for what I paid for the entire gun.
    --
    Formerly hombre gris
    I am no longer LEO, never .MIL. I am .DAD and my attitude will reflect that.
    Cogito ergo armatus sum -- I think, therefore I am armed

Let us now when you get it back I'm curious as to the turn around time.

Will do. I'm curious from those who have sent a slide to Heinie's... Do they notify you before they return the slide, or does it just show up on your door step?
    --
    Formerly hombre gris
    I am no longer LEO, never .MIL. I am .DAD and my attitude will reflect that.
    Cogito ergo armatus sum -- I think, therefore I am armed

User Tag List