Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone here really familiar with Nashville, TN?

I've stayed at the Renaissance, nice place. Nashville struck me as pretty easy to get around no matter where you were, as they have a very good trolley bus system.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

I stayed a couple of nights at the Embassy Suites on Broadway. It was a decent room and had a good restaurant (Omaha Steaks, I think). Not too far from downtown if you want to walk or you can take a cheap cab to wherever you like.

I was bored and wanted to visit a gun store. Once off the clock, Ryan, who was the valet manager at the hotel (this was Feb '12 so he probably still works there) was kind enough to drive me up to Guns and Leather in Greenbrier, TN. They have a nice selection in that shop. Ryan got about $80 in tips from me over the weekend but still, a nice gesture to accommodate me during his personal time.

PS - If you want a fancy dinner, the fried lobster at The Stockyard restaurant is highly recommended!
    Last edited by jeffreywt; 05-15-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    - Full Time Geek
    - NRA Certified Instructor
    - USPSA Competitor (A-69999)

AAR on the trip from this past weekend.

We ended up at the Hampton Inn & Suites downtown based on a recommendation from some I talked with locally. Other than construction in the immediate area (some traffic flow issues but no noise at all) it was a great place. The rooms were very nice and clean, good (free) breakfast, and EXCELLENT location. Our room had a nice jacuzzi tub large enough for 3. Of course, my wife thought just the 2 of us was plenty so the third spot went unoccupied.

Couple of places I'd suggest folks check out;

The Tavern Midtown for brunch. This is a trendy restaurant/bar'ish place a few blocks off Music Row. I had the Singapore Stir Fry and can't say enough about how great it was. Looks like a great place to hang out and watch a game as well. They had some great "bar food" items on the menu.

Holland House in Five Points area of East Nashville for drinks. This place is a nice restaurant (fresh local ingredients, etc.) but they shine as a craft cocktail place. Their head barman Jeremiah is a genius. I had the best cocktail I've ever had in my life. What's nuts is the actual recipes are on the cocktail menu (complete with amounts of each ingredient). The menu is even on their website. Go check out the Daisy If You Do. It's amazing.

Loveless Cafe west of Nashville in the Bellemeade area for breakfast (all day). Get the biscuit sampler platter. I can't decide which was best. The sampler had chicken biscuit (just so-so), steak biscuit (was a great piece of filet), country ham biscuit (some of the best ham I've had), and pulled pork biscuit (ridiculous good).

Thanks for all who posted in this thread. Luckily, I didn't have to call on Robert Mitchum to bail me out of any trouble. I appreciate the offer of assistance though and it was good to have your phone # on hand just in case.

Glad you guys had a good time !!
    I got your back any time you are in TN.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Glad you guys had a good time !!
    I got your back any time you are in TN.
    Thank you sir. Same if you head to N. GA.

User Tag List