Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VP9/P30 17 round mags

Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    I'm curious to see how these work out in terms of reliability. HK mags are usually 100%, but I am slightly skeptical that they can just magically add two more rounds in the same footprint without giving something up.
    Others have been skeptical for years as to why HK couldn’t fit 17 cartridges in the same size magazine that other manufacturers get 17 cartridges into.

I just bought some HK 17 rounders, and plan to try the spring and follower in a P2000 magazine. Seems like 15 should fit in there with a lot more margin than 15 in the mags for the 43X/48.

Name:  08E6045A-2B54-4E76-B7C8-0DB8C41EA604.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  81.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Others have been skeptical for years as to why HK couldn’t fit 17 cartridges in the same size magazine that other manufacturers get 17 cartridges into.

I just bought some HK 17 rounders, and plan to try the spring and follower in a P2000 magazine. Seems like 15 should fit in there with a lot more margin than 15 in the mags for the 43X/48.

Name:  08E6045A-2B54-4E76-B7C8-0DB8C41EA604.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  81.1 KB
    Yes I have. 15 will fit in the mag but seating on a closed slide is iffy. 14 fits easily and is what I run in my P2000 for carry.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I missed this earlier. Explains why they blew out a bunch of the 15-round mags on Black Friday. I thought I was rockin' picking up four for $99.

Will have to try the new ones.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

If only they can stuff 2 more into the VP9SK/P30SK mags...

Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    Anyone hear word on P30sk models with the grip adapter? I almost bought but I dont prefer the xgrip.
    Not yet, but they can't be too far behind for the P30sk/VP9sk. If the 17's are flush fit like the current 15's, it's just a matter of setting the new mag bodies (I imagine with 17 indicator hole though I haven't looked up close to see) and springs/followers into the current up and running 'sk' production line. H&K hates us enough to milk us for the new ones too..
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    Ordered mine Friday off Botach (I know) - $35, shipped today. Kinda shocked about that turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Ordered mine Friday off Botach (I know) - $35, shipped today. Kinda shocked about that turn around.
    Same here, you better not be getting mine!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Same here, you better not be getting mine!
    Did you order a RMR plate and TLR1HL too?

That said.......I like more mags.

I want to experiment with carrying a P30 17 round magazine as primary in the P2000. The P2000 standard capacity 13 round magazine with the finger ledge base plate is near the size of a regular P30 magazine, and 17+1 seems better than 13+1!

I was just thinking....what would REALLY be cool is if they increase the HK45 mags from 10 to 12 rounds.

User Tag List