Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Rogers' S&W 1917 revolver went on sale this morning

Pat Rogers' S&W 1917 revolver went on sale this morning

https://www.facebook.com/AllShootersTactical/

Name:  87958223_2958457887526409_4201249095261618176_o.jpg
Views: 1147
Size:  61.3 KB

It belonged to Pat Rogers, and is US Army marked. I have been wanting one of these for years.

I have no impulse control. A kind friend tipped me off to this, and I had to buy it. I wanted it to stay "in the family" so to speak, and not get chopped up or altered. It will stay exactly as he owned it.

I'm going to loan it to Darryl and Wayne, and ask them to shoot it at Tac-Con. It will glorious to watch.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

It belonged to Pat Rogers, and is US Army marked. I have been wanting one of these for years.

I have no impulse control. A kind friend tipped me off to this, and I had to buy it. I wanted it to stay "in the family" so to speak, and not get chopped up or altered. It will stay exactly as he owned it.

I'm going to loan it to Darryl and Wayne, and ask them to shoot it at Tac-Con. It will glorious to watch.
    That is a quality purchase you made! I will be honored to shoot it (and I have some full moon clips, too).
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

That’s in beautiful shape, anyone who would hack that up has to have rocks in their head...

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    That is a quality purchase you made! I will be honored to shoot it (and I have some full moon clips, too).
    Deal. I want to pick your and Darryl's brains about the right leather to track down for it.

I'd love to find a period US Army holster, and then a rig that an LEO would have worn. If you gents have info regarding Uncle Pat's tastes in that regard, I would like to follow them.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

Thank you for this. It’s a lot like The Nature Conservancy buying up land so it doesn’t get developed.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Beautiful.

I think the old flap holster was standard issue.

A nice boarder engraved threepersons would be nice too.

That's awesome. Thanks for making sure this is preserved.

-Cory

That is the nicest condition example I have yet seen. Congratulations!
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    He had quite a collection. I had the opportunity to look at what was probably only 1/4 of it at AST prior to it going on the walls and in the cases for the public. I plucked this gem from the pile:

Name:  S&W27.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  99.3 KB
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Great find.

It looks like they have been trickling out guns from Pat since the fall.

I saw the Argentine "1911" at class, Mid Mo 2008. It felt slightly melted in the hand and was far smoother than you would think.
    I have two kids in college and I would have bought that gun for 500 plus shipping/transfers etc.

User Tag List