Thread: Spegel Grip Screw Question

Spegel Grip Screw Question

I just traded into a pair of Spegel grips for a S&W Bodyguard but they don't have a grip screw. Is there a common replacement that I can buy from Brownells or someone like that?

thanks,

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Maybe you can call Craig and ask what the right size is.

https://www.craigspegel.com/

He makes my favorite revolver grips.

Pretty sure he used different screws at various times. I had a pair that needed a screw. I called him and he wanted to know the particular vintage of the grips. I told him and he mailed me a replacement.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    Maybe you can call Craig and ask what the right size is.

https://www.craigspegel.com/

He makes my favorite revolver grips.
    +1 on both items. It’s been years since I’ve spoken with him, but he was always helpful on stuff like that.

Years ago he did not sign his grips. I think in the ‘90’s. Later he would sign and date his grips.

I’m guessing it’s a common thread, not metric or anything crazy. A few minutes in the hardware aisle at Ace or similar should find something that will work.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    Years ago he did not sign his grips. I think in the ‘90’s. Later he would sign and date his grips.
    When I spoke with him he said that someone was counterfeiting his grips, that’s why he started signing and dating them. I have one set he signed, dated 2003.

I have “a few” pairs of Spegel grips. The earliest dated ones I have are 1994. I have a couple pairs that are unsigned and undated.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    Spegel also added a cartouche to his grips. I just called him last week. He recently moved to Idaho.

Mine are signed, dated 2003, and have a "CAS" cartouche.

I'll call him.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List