Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Herrett’s Grips Going Out of Business ?

Site Supporter

Herrett’s Grips Going Out of Business ?

Saw some chatter on the inter-web saying that Herrera is no longer taking custom orders because the will be going out of business in the next 30-90 days.

Can anyone confirm ?

Not the news I want to hear. I've been mulling over some roper grips for my 3" k frame.

Always got Blu Magnum I guess.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I spoke to them a couple weeks ago, and they just said that they had a backlog and wouldn't be taking new custom orders until March. No mention about closing up shop.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I spoke to them a couple weeks ago, and they just said that they had a backlog and wouldn't be taking new custom orders until March. No mention about closing up shop.
    I ran into a similar delay with them years ago.

Chris

They pump the brakes on taking orders from time to time.

Just a different business model vs. McMillan or Randall.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    hence my question.

Site Supporter
    I hope that they don't. They are one of my favorite grip makers. I have a number of pairs that I have picked up over the years in gun shops or second hand. Most of them I modify a little to better clear speedloaders or fit my hand a little better, but in fairness none for made special order for me.

I love them (especially on a K or L frame), and always snag a set when I see them at a gun show.

Sounds like they are competing with their past selves a bit.
    Not another dime.

Spoke with a very nice lady at Herrett's yesterday. Mr. Herrett has/is retiring, but they found a new owner to continue forward with the business. New location, new business entity (I gather), but the same employees doing the same work with the same equipment. Web site is in the process of being overhauled. There had been no price increase in many years, so there is an approximately 30 percent increase across the board in effect, which will be reflected in the prices advertised on the new site.

Also, they can't currently take in firearms for custom fitting, and are not currently doing stocks for GP100 or SP101. (But I should check back in a few months.) They use their owned S&W frames to fit stocks for those guns.
    Not another dime.

User Tag List