Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Frustrated, unable to find holster design I want

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    For whatever it’s worth, there’s a significant gap between the mag release button and the plastic. It’s kinda like the holster was made that way to help prevent accidental pressing of the button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bare Arms is local to me. I've seen a bunch of their holsters on the range and they suck ass. I've had to give a few students loaners because their B.A. holsters had problems. I've lost count of how many people I've talked to who bought one and quickly switched to something else. I've had multiple people tell me they took their holster back to the shop and B.A. couldn't make it right so they gave up. They simply don't know how to make good gear. It's not surprising because I also see countless people at the range with Tauri because B.A. told them it was a great gun. And women showing up with micro .380's because that's what B.A. told them they need. They're fucking clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    Bare Arms is local to me. I've seen a bunch of their holsters on the range and they suck ass. I've had to give a few students loaners because their B.A. holsters had problems. I've lost count of how many people I've talked to who bought one and quickly switched to something else. I've had multiple people tell me they took their holster back to the shop and B.A. couldn't make it right so they gave up. They simply don't know how to make good gear. It's not surprising because I also see countless people at the range with Tauri because B.A. told them it was a great gun. And women showing up with micro .380's because that's what B.A. told them they need. They're fucking clueless.
    LOL, first and foremost, what types of holsters of there’s you talking about? My OWB has been just fine. I really only went with them because they were the only one’s I knew of that could make a custom holster for my XDE with the rail laser I was interested in. No other holster maker I checked out could do this but I’m curious- what are they doing wrong? Because up until now, I’ve never heard anything bad about their gear.

Site Supporter
    I've seen and heard about a lot of retention and fit issues. The last one was so bad I made the student replace it because the gun couldn't be reholstered without muzzling himself. I've also seen screws fall out of a couple of them the first time they were used on the range. This has been with iwb and owb. Luckily no one has shown up with their hybrid or AIWB stuff.

They sell a lot of holsters to novice shooters and people who want a holster with graphics (3 percenter, punisher, etc) for their XD or Taurus, but they aren't high quality. I wish they were because they are about five minutes from my house but I don't recommend them to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    I've seen and heard about a lot of retention and fit issues. The last one was so bad I made the student replace it because the gun couldn't be reholstered without muzzling himself. I've also seen screws fall out of a couple of them the first time they were used on the range. This has been with iwb and owb. Luckily no one has shown up with their hybrid or AIWB stuff.

They sell a lot of holsters to novice shooters and people who want a holster with graphics (3 percenter, punisher, etc) for their XD or Taurus, but they aren't high quality. I wish they were because they are about five minutes from my house but I don't recommend them to anyone.
    Not that I’d be doing this out of spite but depending on what I hear from the other holster makers I emailed, I might be having this place called Tucker Gun Leather make me an outside the waistband holster for my Beretta PX4 Storm compact since I’d like to carry it once in a while.

Sent an email to him yesterday and he responded back saying he could make what I wanted that would fit my pistol with an attached GTO armalaser that I don’t have yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

I want to return back to the sweatshield discussion. I realized that none of my IWB holsters have sweat shields, even my 1911 ones. In 13 years, I've never had a safety swipe off when in a holster, so I don't worry about that. Some of my OWB holsters have sweat shields (most of them actually). But I find them unobtrusive due to the fact they are farther away from my body and thus can't pinch or poke me.

If I am poked by the holstered gun, it is usually because I have the holster in the wrong place and/or I have the belt too tight.
    This just goes to show how individual all this stuff is.
    I could be a body double for Winnie-the-Pooh. I almost universally carry IWB, and nearly all of the holsters I had/have sport full body shields...Sparks SSII, Andrews McDaniel II, and kydex from JM and CCC.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Not that I’d be doing this out of spite but depending on what I hear from the other holster makers I emailed, I might be having this place called Tucker Gun Leather make me an outside the waistband holster for my Beretta PX4 Storm compact since I’d like to carry it once in a while.

Sent an email to him yesterday and he responded back saying he could make what I wanted that would fit my pistol with an attached GTO armalaser that I don’t have yet.

If you go with Tucker - the HF1/2/3 are great holsters.

The IWB Coverup is also a good holster, but benefits from a better clip. I replaced the clips on my Tuckers with Discreet Carry Concept Clips (Mod 4), after I broke two of the kydex clips when training in grappling. A Cover-Up with the DCC clip is my go to "quick and easy" appendix holster for my STI.

The only downside to the Tucker IWBs is they don't have a reinforced mouth, which can make reholstering tricky, particularly in appendix. It requires you to really make a hard break, keep a firm index on the thumb safety, and see the gun into the holster.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If you go with Tucker - the HF1/2/3 are great holsters.
    The Tucker HF1 is what I’ll probably end up going with because even though the only other holster maker I can find so far that’ll be able to accommodate my laser is lobo gun leather.

It appears as though they make a great holster as well, but I would have to send them my actual laser for them to build the product. Which I guess isn’t totally a bad thing, especially when I told them I’d be having a holster made for my little compact PX4 since for one, it doesn’t have a carry holster and for two, I haven’t yet bought my laser for it because I don’t even have a holster at all that the gun would even fit in with it so I haven’t even bought it yet so, they said that I could either A, buy the laser and have it shipped to them, or B, have them buy the laser, add it to the cost of it t my holster and have them send it all to me once they get the holster made.

I don’t know which one I’ll go with but at least I have until probably November or so to decide which one I want because that would be about the time when I would start using it being that summer time is upon us and, I won’t be carrying anything for a while anyway in an outside the waistband holster.

User Tag List