Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightweight Colt Commander

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I got hold of a vintage (‘68) LWC and wound up doing some really neat stuff to it through MARS guns. Unmodified it is not a terribly comfortable gun to shoot a ton of rounds through. If you reload or have a buddy, the H&G68 at 800 fps is a good friend to have.

Wilson 47Ds have worked for me in five out of five LWCs.
    Plus 1 on the Wilson 47s
    Shumba

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Wilson 47Ds have worked for me in five out of five LWCs.
    Great, because three of them came with the gun.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Great, because three of them came with the gun.
    That's both good and bad. The Wilson 47D is certainly not a bad magazine, but I find that their springs tire out before other mags might owing to their shorter statute than the Wilson ETM mags. I'd label them and if they show reliability problems replace the offending magazine spring and follower with a super 7 kit.

Otherwise, that gun looks like it'll be fun. I'd just shoot the gun and have fun. Lots of shooters and especially 1911 shooters feel like they need to hot rod everything on their pistol, but I really try not to unless I have a specific problem or want.

Is this your first foray into God's Gun? If so, welcome to the dark side.

The cookies we had were a lie.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Oh, no, I’ve had a Colt 1911 (GM) of one kind or another for a very long time. Lost a Series 70 in a divorce (we flipped a coin for it). Replaced it with a Series 80 that went with me on a 3-month road trip. I traded a couple of guns for a Gold Cup, which I need to haul out and shoot.

Shot expert with one from the base armory when I went through rangemaster school (before they limited the school to gummer’s mates).
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Lost a Series 70 in a divorce (we flipped a coin for it).
    As a long-time 1911 guy and divorced guy, this hurts my soul.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shumba View Post
    Plus 1 on the Wilson 47s
    Shumba
    47s and 47Ds are different animals. WC 47s are 7-round magazines and quite good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    As a long-time 1911 guy and divorced guy, this hurts my soul.
    I got loose for a C&S p35. And a huge pile of cash.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    47s and 47Ds are different animals. WC 47s are 7-round magazines and quite good ones.
    And 47Ds are eight round magazines and quite good ones. My sample size is big enough and my time stamp long enough to permit me to assume other people are doing something wrongly.
    Ignore Alien Orders

And 47Ds are eight round magazines and quite good ones. My sample size is big enough and my time stamp long enough to permit me to assume other people are doing something wrongly.
    Yeah, this. They're the only 1911 mags I have, and I have a lot of them. I've replaced mag springs in them, but I've also replaced springs in stock Beretta 92 mags.

About the LW Commander. I'd get rid of the extended slide release just because it looks awful. @Stephanie B, if you'd like me to check, I might have Series 80 parts. If I do, they're yours for the asking.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Anyone run 185s in their lightweight Commanders? Do they make much of a difference from 230s?

User Tag List