Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightweight Colt Commander

200 lswcs should run in anything. 185 jhps and jswcs can be marginal.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    As a long-time 1911 guy and divorced guy, this hurts my soul.
    I can relate.

My Series 80 has been a little Bubbafied. In the '90s, I had a `smith put on better sights, a Commander round hammer and a beavertailed grip safety because I was tired of being bit by the gun. He threw in an extend slide release and safety for the cost of the parts. I have the original parts, in case I ever feel the need to change it back. So far, I haven't.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Yeah, this. They're the only 1911 mags I have, and I have a lot of them. I've replaced mag springs in them, but I've also replaced springs in stock Beretta 92 mags.

About the LW Commander. I'd get rid of the extended slide release just because it looks awful. @Stephanie B, if you'd like me to check, I might have Series 80 parts. If I do, they're yours for the asking.
    Hambo, thanks. I'll shoot it a bit before I do anything to it (beyond replacing the dead night sights).
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Anyone run 185s in their lightweight Commanders? Do they make much of a difference from 230s?
    I carried the Barnes 185gr load for a bit. It ran just fine and as it was in Doc's list I was comfortable with it.

As of late, I've been carrying the full tilt boogie 230 HST+P because it's available.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I can relate.

My Series 80 has been a little Bubbafied. In the '90s, I had a `smith put on better sights, a Commander round hammer and a beavertailed grip safety because I was tired of being bit by the gun. He threw in an extend slide release and safety for the cost of the parts. I have the original parts, in case I ever feel the need to change it back. So far, I haven't.
    If someone hasn't at least had a little bit of Bubba in at least one of their 1911s, I almost think that they're missing some important part of the 1911 experience.

Congrats on your new pistol!
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I’m running 185gr silvertips now, as they run in any length 1911. Might not be the best, but I go for simplicity

First rounds at 25', 230grn ball:

Name:  LWC-range.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  27.2 KB

I think I'm going to keep it.

That's excellent accuracy AND precision at 25 yards, handheld.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Site Supporter
    Stephanie,

Excellent! You should be proud of that ability and accomplishment. I would venture to say 7 or 8 out of 10 internet "experts" can't do that with a new to them gun the first time out. And I love that you did it with Ball.

Well done,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    That's excellent accuracy AND precision at 25 yards, handheld.
    Feet, not yards.

User Tag List