Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New AR

I have 4 x Colt 6920’s with MagPul furniture in my safe. Three have been test fired with 30 RDS per gun and one is unfired. If I could get $1,200 per gun, I’d do it in a heartbeat, and use the money for something else.

People were posting 6920’s on gun auction sites after Colt suspended sales for incredible prices. But I’m not so sure how many of those guns were actually selling.

So many people stocked up on Colt AR’s when they were $600-700 that they’re not “rare”. I bought a Colt 6920 Trooper for $689, just because. Figured it’d make a nice spare gun. It did, at that price.

I could sell off those Colts I have easily enough. IF I were willing to price them accordingly. But I’m not willing to sell them at that much of a loss. Which I’m not willing to do. They’re paid for. They don’t cost me anything to sit in the safe, so I don’t see them going anywhere soon.

Site Supporter
    I like Colts but I try try not to pay crazy prices for them. Every time the prices go crazy Colt starts selling them again

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Probably should have buts theres no promise for tomorrow. Ive decide to go with the BCM RECCE. Looks like everything i would prefer and nothing I wouldnt.
    16” with MCMR? I’m a big BCM fan, partly due to their barrel profiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    16” with MCMR? I’m a big BCM fan, partly due to their barrel profiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The 16 or 14.5. Not really decided yet.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Lgs guy told me he could get $1600 ea online for two unused Colt pencil barrels I have sitting in the safe. This is extremely tempting. I hear the AR market is soft so Im thinking sell both and buy one of something else and slap an Aimpoint on it keep the remainder. The question is replace with what?
    Not quite the same price but $1250 each. If I had the model with extruded forend and heavier barrel it would have been more. His recommendation. Buy Colts when they are cheap and sell when they are high. He said they will start selling them again.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I dumped a bunch of M4 carbine marked complete Colt lowers recently to the cloner market for 550 each, same with several Colt uppers. Turned it into a slightly used KAC SR15E3, and some pistols stainless Colt rail gun and new Cobra 3 inch.... still have way more AR's than I need but they are all BCMs and LMTs now...

User Tag List