Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New AR

New AR

Lgs guy told me he could get $1600 ea online for two unused Colt pencil barrels I have sitting in the safe. This is extremely tempting. I hear the AR market is soft so Im thinking sell both and buy one of something else and slap an Aimpoint on it keep the remainder. The question is replace with what?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Seriously?! I have two unfired 6720s that I’ll almost certainly never use just taking up safe space that I was planning on dumping.
    Straight up. He said 15-1600 i have the original boxes and the bag of stuff that came with it.

He also told me he just sold a Colt Cobra new model for $2000.

The prices are starting to come back down to reality now, but right after Colt suspended sales to the consumer market Colt leg humpers and Cloners went full retard. I sold a couple lowers for twice and three times what I paid for them, and I sold the two brand new 6920's that I had socked away for my kids when they come of age. I bought two BCM uppers to replace them and mated them to a couple Aero Precision lowers I had in my safe. The rest of the money went toward our family trip to Disneyland this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Virginia?
    No im not in Va i assume online sales

If I had ARs I wasn't tied to, I'd buy the new one now and wait to sell the two a little closer to the election. As for what, what're you looking for and/or what do you already have?

Seriously?! I have two unfired 6720s that I’ll almost certainly never use just taking up safe space that I was planning on dumping.
    In 5 months you'll probably be able to sell them and buy a new house.

So its not quite as good as was suggested yesterday. Apparently some models will bring that. Anyway looks like its more like $1250.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    If I had ARs I wasn't tied to, I'd buy the new one now and wait to sell the two a little closer to the election. As for what, what're you looking for and/or what do you already have?
    Probably should have buts theres no promise for tomorrow. Ive decide to go with the BCM RECCE. Looks like everything i would prefer and nothing I wouldnt.

That’s still more than I would have expected.
    The LGS guy recommended the same as others here. Wait till closer to election.

User Tag List