Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hundreds of stolen guns already in 2020, police urging gun owners to secure them

"Hey look, I got a new blaster. What upgrades should i get."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

There's a big difference between a victim, and being a complete idiot.

Leaving a firearm in an unlocked vehicle overnight is being a complete idiot. Especially an unsecured & unlocked firearm.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    There's a big difference between a victim, and being a complete idiot.

Leaving a firearm in an unlocked vehicle overnight is being a complete idiot. Especially an unsecured & unlocked firearm.
    Completely irresponsible considering what the potential consequences may bring.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Unsurprisingly, the career cops have covered the basics of this thread. The only thing I’ll add is this:

Having actually seen one of those car cruisers in the act, there is NO WAY that I’m going to lose out to a tweaker like that. I can handle the financial loss, but the sheer embarrassment of losing a decent pistol to a jort-wearing, "DWI bicycle" riding, sketchy dude like the guys that crawl our neighborhoods would make me hang my head in shame.

Doors locked; nothing in the car. They may steal my car, but I’m not getting taken for more than that. #itsapridething
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post

Having actually seen one of those car cruisers in the act, there is NO WAY that I’m going to lose out to a tweaker like that. I can handle the financial loss, but the sheer embarrassment of losing a decent pistol to a jort-wearing, "DWI bicycle" riding, sketchy dude like the guys that crawl our neighborhoods would make me hang my head in shame.
    Yep. Not long ago a bunch of (you guessed it, unlocked) vehicles got broken into in my area. Now it’s a fairly safe area, as in you probably won’t be murdered. But I told my wife I’m not going to just leave my stuff out to be swiped by Joe Tweaker. That’s just an insult.

If you kick in my door, beat my ass, and take my stuff you’ve earned it in a roundabout way. Stealing shit out of an unlocked vehicle is on me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mum's car was sitting in her driveway, inside a nice gated community when it was stolen. She left her transponder inside, and the door unlocked.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post

If you kick in my door, survive multiple shotgun wounds, beat my ass, and take my stuff you’ve earned it in a roundabout way. Stealing shit out of an unlocked vehicle is on me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    FIFY.

For a while I got stuck compiling the UCR stats that went to the FBI in my agency. We had more stuff stolen monetarily from cars than home burglaries each month. It’s amazing what folks leave in their cars.

Vending Machine Operator
    While I don't leave firearms in the car as a rule, on the rare occasion I need to I am thankful I have a Subaru Outback with no bumper sticks or distinguishing marks. Doesn't exactly scream "gun owner"
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List