Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hundreds of stolen guns already in 2020, police urging gun owners to secure them

Hundreds of stolen guns already in 2020, police urging gun owners to secure them

Already in 2020, police have taken more than 250 illegal guns off the streets in Charlotte. They say more than 100 of those guns were reportedly stolen from cars.

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/02/26/hund...e-responsible/

Victim shaming (e.g. don't dress like a slut and you won't get raped)

Most are probably from cars with "Assault Life", "I don't call 911", and "protected by Smith and Wesson" bumper stickers.

cc

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Most are probably from cars with "Assault Life", "I don't call 911", and "protected by Smith and Wesson" bumper stickers.

cc
    And a Punisher skull.

CWM11B
    To quote the late Pat Rogers, "Your car is not a holster".
    I can say, based on my experience dealing with this, that just about every one of those cars were unlocked.
    Last edited by CWM11B; 02-27-2020 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    To quote the late Pat Roger's, "Your car is not a holster".
    I can say, based on my experience dealing with this, that just about every one of those cars were unlocked.
    Beat me to it.

"My pistol, my wallet, my SS card, my kid's birth certificate, my checkbook........."

I run out of lines on the state case report to list property on. And 90 percent of them aren't locked. B&E guys simply walk neighborhoods at night and try doors until they score one.

At our house, we lock all doors and about the only thing we leave in the cars are owner's manuals and umbrellas.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Car cruisers don’t even bother looking. They just run from car to car looking for open doors. That’s not to say the stickers wont get you targeted but I’m betting the majority were stolen from unlocked cars.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Car cruisers don’t even bother looking. They just run from car to car looking for open doors. That’s not to say the stickers wont get you targeted but I’m betting the majority were stolen from unlocked cars.
    I've got a relative with Charlotte Meck PD, and he says they've done studies which show the vast majority of stolen firearms are from cars with such bumper stickers and which are also left unlocked.

cc

Not to excuse an unsecured firearm in a car, but this is a partial consequence of a plethora of gun free zones dotted throughout ones daily business.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LJD View Post
    Not to excuse an unsecured firearm in a car, but this is a partial consequence of a plethora of gun free zones dotted throughout ones daily business.
    I’d bet a small percent are stolen for that reason during the day, but I’d wager an even larger amount is because Bubba left his “truck gun” in the glove box overnight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List