Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Preferred Iron Sights

Site Supporter
    The general purpose, iron sight guns have either the stock FSB/DD fixed rear combo or DD fixed front/rear combo. Guns with RDS or LVPO have the MagPull pros or the Troy flip ups.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Has anybody here messed with the White Oak Armament A2 uppers with integral handle/sight?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

FSB or not, mine get flip up Troy's.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I think the MBUS Pros are the best choice for BUIS right now.

I do like the KAC offerings, but they are pricey. I'm also one of the few who thought the KAC approach with an integrated front BUIS in the URX II was pretty slick.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Knights make the very best, but you’ll pay for them. Magpul MBUS Pros are probably the best bang for the buck, premium, non-knockoff sights.
    My sentiments, exactly.

I've been using KAC sights for many years, long before Magpul Pros were available. I still like my KAC stuff, but if buying today, I'd go with the MP Pro sights.

Site Supporter
    My issued 11.5” Colt has a fixed front sight and folding MBUS rear, along with the Aimpoint. The iron/plastic sights have worked very well; I regularly turn off the dot and practice using the sights.

A personal AR15 has MBUS PRO metal folding sights (under the P4Xi). Those seem like good sights too, but I haven’t used them much.

I have several different arrangements on my ARs, but I prefer the standard FSB sight with an DD 1.5 rear. Next favorite is a vary handle rear with the FSB. Even with a RDS I prefer fixed sights.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

At some point in my shooting history I spent some time shooting an irons-only BCM “dissipator” upper on a lower with a fixed A1 stock. Unrelated to this thread topic, but I honestly couldn’t think of much of anything I gave up with that gun and regularly beat the snot out of dudes shooting far fancier guns.

As my dissipator was a flattops, as most uppers these days are, I needed a rear sight to match up to the fixed fsb. I wanted a “same plane” rear aperture and I believe the sight I used proved that.
    https://troyind.com/products/fixed-rear-sight-blk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I'm gonna be a nomenclature nazi for sec.

An A2 is a 20" rifle with a fixed carry handle, 3 round burst, government profile barrel, etc.

An M4 with a detachable carry handle sight is just an M4 sight.
    Context, my friend.

There's been considerable discussion about A1 sights vs A2 sights over the years. So, to ensure clarity, everyone understands what a 'detachable A2 carry handle' is even though it's not even part of the M16A2. Sure, it's an M16A4 component but the kicker is that it houses a rear sight assembly that is widely known as 'A2 sights'. Saying 'M4 sight' would simply confuse it with a CompM4 in circles like this, too.

They have not issued carry handles for quite some time with any M4 or M4A1 (or the M16A4 for that matter) though it's still on the AAL. Every M4 new or old that I've seen in the past 10 years have all had Matech or KAC sights on them depending on the branch and unit. Almost always Matechs as far as Army stuff goes.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    At some point in my shooting history I spent some time shooting an irons-only BCM “dissipator” upper on a lower with a fixed A1 stock. Unrelated to this thread topic, but I honestly couldn’t think of much of anything I gave up with that gun and regularly beat the snot out of dudes shooting far fancier guns.

As my dissipator was a flattops, as most uppers these days are, I needed a rear sight to match up to the fixed fsb. I wanted a “same plane” rear aperture and I believe the sight I used proved that.
    https://troyind.com/products/fixed-rear-sight-blk

Big fan of these and the DD 1.5 rear sights.

Scalarworks are the heat for fixed sights. And their website is a work of art so it’s worth taking a look for yourself if you’re looking for a set of buis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List