Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy "Stab a Guy in a Toga" Day!

Happy "Stab a Guy in a Toga" Day!

Et tu, PF? Et tu?
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Et tu, PF? Et tu?
    Naw man, I ain't et nuthin'!

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I don't know about any toga stabbin but I hear the community sponge on a stick is making a come back.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Naw man, I ain't et nuthin'!

I just came here to post that....”now hold this!”

I got assigned to play him in the (just the forum scene) in English literature class in high school.

I really, really hammed that up. To the point, apparently, that it was talked about at least over a decade after I graduated.

I actually saw my English teacher a few years ago. She seemed surprised that I was an engineer rather than an actor and told me that she had used me as an example in the class until she retired.

I told her that was a affectation that I had at the time due to Planetary Grand Conjunction of Hormones/Cute girls in the class/President of the Latin Club/Taking Latin at the time/DM'ing a Glory of Rome D&D campaign/Fascination with Roman architecture.

I pointed out to here that I also played Willy Loman (Death of a Salesman) in the very same class without so much panache. She said that she didn't remember, and I said "That is my point."

Site Supporter
    Name:  52E1F38A-B8E1-4122-BA11-1CB52D16DB23.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  30.1 KB

My sainted Uncle Hollis was known to wear a toga with cowboy boots and a Stetson. He also wore a Smith Model 28 on a belt holster that coordinated with the boots. He said the toga kept his junk cool on hot humid days. He had a PhD in English and spent school summer breaks with a sledge breaking cement molds apart. I once saw him lift 4 oak dining room chairs by gathering a leg from each together in one hand. Didn't get much teasing about the toga.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    I got assigned to play him in the (just the forum scene) in English literature class in high school.

I really, really hammed that up. To the point, apparently, that it was talked about at least over a decade after I graduated.

I actually saw my English teacher a few years ago. She seemed surprised that I was an engineer rather than an actor and told me that she had used me as an example in the class until she retired.

I told her that was a affectation that I had at the time due to Planetary Grand Conjunction of Hormones/Cute girls in the class/President of the Latin Club/Taking Latin at the time/DM'ing a Glory of Rome D&D campaign/Fascination with Roman architecture.

I pointed out to here that I also played Willy Loman (Death of a Salesman) in the very same class without so much panache. She said that she didn't remember, and I said "That is my point."
    Thank you, this has stirred an old memory from my 10th grade English lit class. We were just reading the play and thank the lord not acting. I don't remember who read what but my best friend Kenny had a line that had a "hail Caesar". It came out with the most southern draw as a "hell, Caesar" which abruptly stopped class with laughter and it got worse with the "wut" that was uttered in response to everyone laughing. All I have left of Kenny is the memories that we made. A birth defect took him way too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Name:  52E1F38A-B8E1-4122-BA11-1CB52D16DB23.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  30.1 KB
    Et tu, Brute?

Ides of March all up in ya muthafuckin' ass.

In Jr. High I played Cesar in a short play. Everyone gathered around really close and squirted ketchup packets on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List