Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Court hands Trump win in sanctuary city fight

@the Schwartz, at this point I have little doubt about round two.

Is this just a "tie" because other appeals courts sided against Trump? I think this was the 2nd Circuit that was the win, but the 9th Circuit sided against (right?). So we're still in the same place. Next stop Supreme Court, I guess...after the elections?

Site Supporter
    In my great depth of constitutional knowledge, why not deny funding to states that put weapons bans in place or deny easy shall issue permits. They are violating the 2nd Amend. and putting laws in place that do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    In my great depth of constitutional knowledge, why not deny funding to states that put weapons bans in place or deny easy shall issue permits. They are violating the 2nd Amend. and putting laws in place that do that.
    I could get behind this.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    2A is a constitutional right, illegal immigration is not.
    This isn’t a 2nd amendment question it’s a 10th amendment one. Your analysis is lacking.

Site Supporter
    Some may not know that the agricultural, poultry, construction, and hotel/motel industries are dependent on immigrant labor, and they squeal when the source shrinks. Will Trump hear the squeals?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Some may not know that the agricultural, poultry, construction, and hotel/motel industries are dependent on immigrant labor, and they squeal when the source shrinks. Will Trump hear the squeals?
    Do you think it’s better to disregard the law and do what we think is best at the time or evaluate our laws and change them to support our needs as a society?

We can change laws. I guess that’s my bigger problem here.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    I'm in the let us enforce the law category. But money talks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Which also means they can deny funds to any “2nd amendment sanctuary” counties or states.
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    2A is a constitutional right, illegal immigration is not.
    Not to mention that harboring illegal aliens is a federal crime. Not honoring detainers and not actively assisting in immigration enforcement falls within states rights but some places are crossing the line into actively harboring illegal aliens and hindering investigations.

This is why you won’t see CA take any action to enforce their state law barring ICE from making arrests in public areas of court houses. The first CA peace officer who attempts to enforce the state statute will be opening themselves up to arrest for impeding federal officers and harboring illegal aliens. Along with whomever orders them to do it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post

Worksite Enforcement is a low priority and an illegal has a better chance of getting hit by lightning than being arrested in a worksite Enforcement raid.

Illegal aliens not apprehended at the border get jammed up for two reasons:

1) They file fraudulent applications of immigration benefits, sometimes knowingly, sometimes as the result of bad advice from unscrupulous immigration attorneys or “notario” immigration consultants. This is maybe 1/4 of interior cases.

2) The VAST. Majority of interior cases stem from illegals getting arrested for immigration violations in the interior, whether administrative or criminal, come to ICE attention due to arrests for other criminal activity.

If they don’t 1) drive drunk, join a gang, engage in domestic violence or the sexual abuse of minors or 2) associate with those who do, an illegal alien’s odds of getting arrested by ICE are also in the more likely to be hit by lighting category.

National security threats are priority one but they are uncommon. Criminal aliens are the normal day to day priority.

Since we are busting myths, ICE is also not interested in aliens who are complainants or witnesses in criminal cases unless they are criminals who pose a threat to public safety. In fact ICE regularly provides temporary immigration status for alien witnesses in other LE agencies cases so they can testify in court.

User Tag List