Thread: Jeff Cooper's Birthday

Jeff Cooper's Birthday

'tis. Read one of his books if you own them all, read principles of personal defense if that's all you own, if you don't own that for the love of Mike buy a copy. Teach someone to shoot. And maybe have a beer.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I'm going to buy another one of his books to read today.

"People of good will frequently send one off with the injunction to, “Have a safe trip!” There is no such thing as a safe trip. Safety is an illusion. It will always fail in the end. That does not mean that we should not consider safety, but never to cry “Safety first!” Safety, while something we should seek, must always be placed second to getting the job done. One who places safety first is, quite specifically, a coward. We do not go to war to be safe, neither do we climb mountains, or race cars, or hunt buffalo, to be safe. We hear commentators explain that we should not resist violent crime because we may get hurt. This is the advice of the rabbit people who live all their lives in fear and never know the joy of danger. There are people like that, and while we may feel sorry for them, we must never take their advice seriously."
    http://www.tactical-life.com/online/...rospective-12/

I'm going to be stuck at work until after the range closes, but I'll take my 1911 out tomorrow to honor him. Also, just finished reading Fireworks, which was awesome.

User Tag List