Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon MRO HD 68 MOA Circle, 2 MOA Red Dot

Site Supporter

Trijicon MRO HD 68 MOA Circle, 2 MOA Red Dot

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mou...rod133914.aspx

Hey so did we miss this in all the other shot show BS ? Trijicon is now offering the MRO with a circle dot reticle ?

Has anyone looked through this ?

Trijicon MRO HD 68 MOA Circle, 2 MOA Red Dot (no mount).

The Trijicon Miniature Rifle Optic (MRO®) is a reflex-style, sealed sight intended for use on rifles, carbines, and shotguns to provide fast target acquisition. It is designed to be used with both eyes open, providing the operator with maximum situational awareness. The large aperture and tapered light path maximizes the viewing area in such a small optic, allowing for fast target engagement – especially from non-standard shooting positions. It also features ambidextrous brightness controls, sub-flush adjusters, advanced lens coatings, and a fully sealed, waterproof, hard anodized forged 7075-T6 housing, making the MRO the ultimate mini reflex sight.

The MRO HD is optimized for use with a magnifier, with a re-engineered objective lens to produce a refined 2.0 MOA center dot surrounded by a 68 MOA segmented circle reticle. The ambidextrous reticle and brightness control allows the user to choose between a full reticle or center dot only.

Site Supporter
    That is flat out sexy!

<looks around> <picks up aimpoint> <picks up hammer> <walks to back yard>

I think I need to convince the wife I need one.

pat

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Yeah...I’m gonna need that. Wonder if it’s got the same battery life.

Never mind, I looked it up. Regular MRO says 5 years battery life, MRO HD is “only” 2.5, and 75 days on complex reticle. Still pretty good.

Site Supporter
    That does look really cool.
    Not sure it’s worth the 40% price premium over what I paid for the MROs I already own, though.

Wondering where they came up with 68 mils for the ring. Seems a little large for holdovers, or even semi-precision aiming. Certainly not my area of expertise, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    That does look really cool.
    Not sure it’s worth the 40% price premium over what I paid for the MROs I already own, though.

Wondering where they came up with 68 mils for the ring. Seems a little large for holdovers, or even semi-precision aiming. Certainly not my area of expertise, though.
    It's 68 MOA, 68 mils would be ginormous.

The point of the big circle is to make aiming at close targets ultra fast and intuitive. The 2 MOA dot is for more precision. Holdovers are not really a thing with RDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I suspect that they just "copied" the 68 MOA circle from the EOTech HWS sights.
    Circle of death! I had to do a double take and remember that EOTech was not Trijicon!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    It's 68 MOA, 68 mils would be ginormous.

The point of the big circle is to make aiming at close targets ultra fast and intuitive. The 2 MOA dot is for more precision. Holdovers are not really a thing with RDS.
    Ah, yes- MOA makes much more sense than mils. I was thinking mils as a holdover from my previous life.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Did Trijicon do anything with the brightness adjustment levels? My experience with the MRO is that it needs a couple more steps in the settings.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Did Trijicon do anything with the brightness adjustment levels? My experience with the MRO is that it needs a couple more steps in the settings.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    I don’t know if they were originally different, but all three of mine have 2 NV settings and 6 “normal” brightness levels. I couldn’t say how well the NV levels function, I’ll likely never need them.

Setting 3 is the 5 year setting. You can easily see it indoors, but on a sunny day you’ll want to bump it to 5 or 6. Haven’t needed to go beyond that.

Oh and one of mine is the green dot, because I had to be different and special. While I like it pretty much the same as the red dot, battery life is “only” one year on setting 3. But...I change all my batteries every six months. Cheap insurance. Never found a dead red dot on an MRO or RMR, but twice the green dot has been out. I suspect the green dot is a huge drain on the battery when you up the brightness. Not a problem, just something to be aware of.

User Tag List