Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The name alone carries a certain responsibility with it...

He was named after Mike Tyson.

At three months premature, Tyson's life hung in the balance when he was born in Wythenshawe Hospital.

Medical professionals thought he was too weak to survive, but dad John believed his new-born son was going to pull through.

“I told them God was looking down on him,” he said.

“I said, ‘He’ll be alright. He will be 7ft, 20 stone and heavyweight champion of the world.’ And I named him Tyson, after Mike Tyson.”

Site Supporter
    Fury outboxed Wilder plain and simple.

Dunno why boxing needs the pagentry though. They still make way more than MMA fighters.

I heard somewhere that Mayweather made 100 million for that exhibition match with McGregor, but when Khabib said he'd fight McGregor again he said it would only happen for 100 million and the sport is still kinda snort laughing.

But yeah, I enjoy watching MMA fights more. Especially now that I know some stuff about some things relating to unarmed fighting.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I watched some of the old UFC stuff from the 90s. That was entertaining to me.
    The prelim fights before UFC PPVs are actually probably the better matches in many cases, not all, but many. A couple of weeks ago in the prelims of UFC 247 there are two great bouts -

A middleweight mens between Trevin Giles and James Krause and a flyweight womens bout between Lauren Murphy and Andrea Lee. Both fights went the distance and were tough split decisions - both fights were thoroughly entertaining. I was far more entertained by those fights than the main card. (One reason why I don't usually pay for the maincard PPVs anymore).

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    But yeah, I enjoy watching MMA fights more. Especially now that I know some stuff about some things relating to unarmed fighting.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Same for me.

I don't know - Vasily Lomachenko, Gennady Golovkin, Canelo Alvares - none of them are boring or defensive fighters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    He was named after Mike Tyson.
    I wonder if his pop would send me some lottery numbers? He's downright prophetic.

Wilder has skipped Leg Day every day of his life. He has chopsticks for legs.

Fury fought a simple but effective plan. Many punchers (like Wilder) can't generate power if you drive them backwards. Fury came forward all night and used his extra 40 pounds of weight to wear down those chopsticks.

He said he would do it but nobody (myself included) thought he would, because he has never fought that way before. It was a hell of a performance.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Now I have to go watch this on YT.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

When Fury busted Wilder's ear drum, that's probably when his legs got wobbly. If he did truly ruptured his tympanic membrane, Wilder's equilibrium would be affected. It is good his corner threw in the towel because Fury could have really hurt him bad. I would love to see Fury vs Joshua.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    When Fury busted Wilder's ear drum, that's probably when his legs got wobbly. If he did truly ruptured his tympanic membrane, Wilder's equilibrium would be affected. It is good his corner threw in the towel because Fury could have really hurt him bad. I would love to see Fury vs Joshua.
    This was my thinking, too, watching the fight; but Team Wilder has confirmed no ear drum injury, no concussion, no broken jaw -- all of which had been speculated. The blood around his ear was from a small, external cut that was later sutured.

Wilder's blaming the costume for exhausting him, the ref for being against him, his corner for protecting him -- everyone but himself and Fury. Not very sportsmanlike. https://sports.yahoo.com/deontay-wil...215534451.html

I'm not a Fury or a Wilder fan -- watching them fight (twice) is like watching two giraffes ballroom dance -- and this era's heavyweight division in general is an embarrassment, but credit to Fury, he gets the wins, no matter how conventionally terrible he looks doing it.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    I don't know - Vasily Lomachenko, Gennady Golovkin, Canelo Alvares - none of them are boring or defensive fighters.
    Agreed. I can't stand watching the current UFC / two wrestlers leaning on each other against the cage for 'X' rounds. There are quite a few exciting boxers (love Loma) and Tyson Fury is sure at the top. IMO, one of the most exciting HW I've seen, ever.

User Tag List