Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury

Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury

Wilder is blaming his walkout suit over his legs being lacking in strength during the fight. Tyson Fury literally licked Wilder's blood during the match. You can't make this stuff up

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/deont...ume-tyson-fury

#RESIST

Wilder should probably just admit that it was those liver shots from Fury that made his legs weak.

I didn't see the fight, just the highlights, but at least twice Fury hit Wilder for what could have been fight ending liver shots, at least one resulted in a knockdown.

I mean seriously, was Fury hanging out with Bas Rutten? Those were NASTY hits.

Tyson straight up beat the shit out of Wilder, it wasn't even close. Even if Wilder had somehow survived and the fight gone the distance, Fury won every single round that they had fought so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Tyson straight up beat the shit out of Wilder, it wasn't even close. Even if Wilder had somehow survived and the fight gone the distance, Fury won every single round that they had fought so far.
    Concur. Just from watching the highlights, Fury had Wilder beat - entirely.

I think Wilder's corner saved his career and ability to fight another day by throwing in the towel. Seriously, if that fight went the distance, I wonder if Wilder would have been able to fight at any point again in the next 12-months. He was getting his ass beat down by a man who is 6'9" and weighs 275 pounds, which hurts period, but for 12 rounds? I dunno.

I don't think his 40lb costume made the walkout that grueling.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Tyson Fury literally licked Wilder's blood during the match.
    The name alone carries a certain responsibility with it...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I don't think his 40lb costume made the walkout that grueling.
    I guess there's something to the Iron Mike walkout. Black shoes, no socks and a sweatshirt cut into a rag around your neck.

Site Supporter
    I thought costumes were for WWE. What’s up with this?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I thought costumes were for WWE. What’s up with this?
    UFC.

Frankly, with the rise of the UFC and mixed martial arts dominating fights, boxing needs pageantry to compete for views in many respects. If you want to see GOOD fights, you don't watch boxing, you watch MMA and in particular UFC or Bellator. Or you watch low-level pro of Pro-Am boxing.

I love a good fight, boxing has mostly gone defensive compared to UFC. It is often quite boring to watch and only when big egos face off in the ring is it entertaining any longer. I find myself only glancing at the Friday Night Fights on ESPN once in awhile, because I like fights, just as often I find myself yelling, "Someone punch someone!"

In my opinion, boxing was ruined not only be questions of credibility, but also by people like Floyd Mayweather. I'm going to do enough to win by decision in 12-rounds, rather than actually fight. Then claim that I am the winningest fighter or all time, because I'm 50-0. It's hard to get beat if you never fight or only fight scrubs. He's no Rocky Marciano, though he claims to be better. Rocky went 49-0 in his career with 43 wins by knockout. Mayweather is 50-0 with only 27 knockouts. That's the kind of thing that leads to costumes and other garbage.

Fortunately, Fury gave us a good fight, would have been better if Wilder was better prepared, but he was not.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 02-25-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    UFC.

Frankly, with the rise of the UFC and mixed martial arts dominating fights, boxing needs pageantry to compete for views in many respects. If you want to see GOOD fights, you don't watch boxing, you watch MMA and in particular UFC or Bellator. Or you watch low-level pro of Pro-Am boxing.

I love a good fight, boxing has mostly gone defensive compared to UFC. It is often quite boring to watch and only when big egos face off in the ring is it entertaining any longer. I find myself only glancing at the Friday Night Fights on ESPN once in awhile, because I like fights, just as often I find myself yelling, "Someone punch someone!"

In my opinion, boxing was ruined not only be questions of credibility, but also by people like Floyd Mayweather. I'm going to do enough to win by decision in 12-rounds, rather than actually fight. Then claim that I am the winningest fighter or all time, because I'm 50-0. It's hard to get beat if you never fight or only fight scrubs. He's no Rocky Marciano, though he claims to be better. Rocky went 49-0 in his career with 43 wins by knockout. Mayweather is 50-0 with only 27 knockouts. That's the kind of thing that leads to costumes and other garbage.

Fortunately, Fury gave us a good fight, would have been better if Wilder was better prepared, but he was not.
    I watched some of the old UFC stuff from the 90s. That was entertaining to me.

User Tag List