Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brownells AR rails on sale

#RESIST

Does PWS make these for Brownells?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    I don't know, I suspect many differing brands we buy are made in the same location.
    #RESIST

I’m sure, like pretty much everything else on the market...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post

In one of their product videos for the rail, they state that's the case and have a rep from PWS going over the features.

I bought two of them about six months ago (one Standard, one Precision)...work great, no issues.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    In one of their product videos for the rail, they state that's the case and have a rep from PWS going over the features.

I bought two of them about six months ago (one Standard, one Precision)...work great, no issues.
    What's the difference? I didn't check too close, but couldn't tell from a quick look. Precision is just a little more meaty?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    What's the difference? I didn't check too close, but couldn't tell from a quick look. Precision is just a little more meaty?
    I was wondering the same when I saw the sale ad in my inbox. I noticed the precision has a heavier duty mounting setup it appears, but that was the only difference I could discern.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post

I believe that PWS is building the Brownells BRN-180, which is really cool and someone should buy me one.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...62-233815.aspx
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    I was wondering the same when I saw the sale ad in my inbox. I noticed the precision has a heavier duty mounting setup it appears, but that was the only difference I could discern.
    The Precision also has the tripod mount on the bottom and MLok slots at 2/4/8/10 o'clock positions (whereas the standard is only at 3/6/9).

Brownell's/PWS video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex1zL_0t-YE

I bought the 10.5" standard version first for my 11.5" BCM...

After installing and trying it out, I ordered the 12" Precision version about a week later for my 14.5" Colt. The Standard version would have sufficed, but I wanted to see the difference between the two. The extra clamping bolt and tripod mount are superfluous for my needs, but I do like the extra MLok positions.

I have an unused CMMG pencil barrel that I want to build into an upper and I want to jump on a 10.5", but damn property taxes make for bad timing...

User Tag List