Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PPQ M1 for a CCW

PPQ M1 for a CCW

Is anyone comfortable carrying a PPQ?

Quote Originally Posted by gunrascal View Post
    As comfortable as carrying a VP9.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

We used to have PPQs. We switched to VP9s when new Walthers started being button release only. I was nice--the PPQ was the first gun that really fit my wife's tiny hands. (The VP9 does also.)

We had a few PPS lever release models. But we started getting the dead-trigger issue after a couple thousand rounds. Walther never explained why. There wasn't a recall or new part number we could determine. And it still happens. So we got rid of them.

It's a little large for me to conceal carry (5'8 with long legs for height but short body) though I have and it obviously can be done. I'm definitely comfortable with the pistol in every other way. Personal preference is something a bit smaller - PPS classic, G26/27.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

I carried the 5" PPQ for a while. I liked it, but the grip just didn't fit my hand. I lived with it for a few months before sending it on. If it had fit me I'd probably still be carrying it.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

P99/PPQ series have been my carry guys for a while now. Overtime I use the PPQ a bit more due to ergonomics and availability.

Having a very nice trigger with no aftermarket bits or a safety to disengage/engage is a double-edged sword. I wouldn't recommend for everybody, but don't base my choices on suitability of issue towards the masses.

For X size limit what gives me my most ideal performance when I haven't shot for a while, enables being able to hit an active shooter's button from considerable distance without much fidgeting or delay, doesn't need a bunch of pampering regarding lube and cleanliness, doesn't require select nose geometry and primers for 99.9% trust, etc.

Accuracy is even more paramount for civies than LEO/MIL IMO (even more so when using a caliber at the floor of good'nough ) and only a few options are rugged, reliable, and also extremely accurate by my personal standards.

Definitely not perfect but worth considering.

Site Supporter
    I've been carrying P99 for about 4 years now. OWB at 3:00. Nothing is a problem if you can dress right.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

I’ve been carrying one for a while now. I haven’t found it any more problematic than a G19

I am comfortable carrying my M2. Are you comfortable carrying a PPQ?

My shooting bud has a PPQ M2 that he carries IWB at about 3:30. I am trying to get started on a PPQ M1 and ordered a Safariland OWB holster for range use. I was pretty surprised the invoice stated P99/PPQ and the clamshell stated HK P2000 / P99. I did not fit my P99 or PPQ.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

User Tag List