Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taurus T4 rifle

Site Supporter

Taurus T4 rifle

https://www.tactical-life.com/news/t...es-georgia-le/

Truth be told, I wasn't aware Taurus was producing rifles. The T4 does not seem to appear on their website.

Doesn’t Taurus own Diamondback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Doesn’t Taurus own Diamondback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks like they do.

https://www.guns.com/news/2013/01/04...dback-firearms

If I worked at a department that used Taurus, I’d quit and go somewhere else.

Site Supporter

Cool

But it’s just as good as a bushmaster!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Free rifles are probably not worth the price.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

It's manufactured in the U.S. and according to Taurus meets MIL-DTL-71186A (W/ AMENDMENT-3). I just downloaded and read MIL-DTL-71186A (W/ AMENDMENT-3) and it is quite comprehensive. Any rifle that meets that specification should be suitable. Keep in mind Daniel Defense and BCM all sourced parts at one time or another from DPMS so any rifle correctly assembled from in spec parts should be fully serviceable. Ultimately time will tell but manufacturing AR's is not rocket science and the days of purple 1990's Olympic Arms AR's are behind us.

It would be funny, and kind of cool, if they could become a quality manufacturer.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Vending Machine Operator
    I have despised Taurus my entire shooting career and never once been impressed by one. That said, I've heard surprisingly good things about their new G3s. I agree that it would be borderline amusing if they actually became competitive.

That said, if I was a beat cop responding to an armed robbery it would give me a real case of the nopes to look down and see Taurus on the side of my rifle...
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    https://www.tactical-life.com/news/t...es-georgia-le/

Truth be told, I wasn't aware Taurus was producing rifles. The T4 does not seem to appear on their website.

I know and worked with the three deputies holding those rifles. The large fellow, wearing glasses, to the right of the recently retired president of Taurus USA, is a bono fide gun nut. We also were SWAT certified for the department at the same time. He and the firearms instructor for the city (prior militarily, also gun nut) gave those rifles the thumbs up. Solid mil-spec AR's, is basically how they describe them. I trust their judgement enough that I'm making plans to purchase some for my department.

User Tag List