Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GP100 3-inch barrels for sale

Thanks for the heads up! I bought a pair of them to rathole away for a future project. I am sure someone will eventually sell me a GP-100 that needs a new tube.

For 33 dollars shipped I couldn't turn it down either. I have an old 4 inch adjustable sited GP100 that I will use. I need to source a fixed rear sight now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    beenalongtime,

I'd be interested in hearing about and seeing you new GP-100 custom.

Dave
    So will I. I started with the barrel swap, back last August. I took it to him, the week he found out he was going to have to move. Once he got moved, I told him I wasn't in a hurry because he had other projects and he had a good idea what I was looking to do. When I obtained another hammer and trigger assembly, in case I want to take it back to factory, I gave him the go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    What gunsmith did you send yours too?
    Local guy that is one of two old machinists, that multiple LEO's directed me to; Fred (I need to find out his last name, just called him by his first so long).
    This was who they use for personal stuff, that isn't department gunsmith guy.

Flamingo, wouldn't it be better to start with a fixed sight model? (that appears to be more what I have seen on this forum. You might check with Dagga boy)

Don't ask me, I just bought a 3 inch 10mm GP100 because I might be slightly brain damaged. Something something "but I'll carry this one"
    Your logic is airtight!
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Don't ask me, I just bought a 3 inch 10mm GP100 because I might be slightly brain damaged. Something something "but I'll carry this one"
    I bought one in 10mm a couple years ago. The thing is more accurate than you’d think and only gives up @50fps to my 5” SR1911. I carry it in the woods, powerful enough for east of the Mississippi, not too large to conceal around town.

BTW Midway has these:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1006195348?pid=181698

They work perfectly in my and a friends 10mm GP-100 revolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Okay, now that Caleb's in, tell me why I should rethink my bias against a short GP when I already have an MC.
    I can’t quite convince myself to acquire one of these, as the last few minutes count down. (They may re-list, anyway.) A 4” lugged-profile GP100 seems so just-right, as does the non-full-lugged 6” version. I have a Wiley Clapp 3” GP100, and a 2.75” Speed Six. I think I will let this opportunity pass.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Got mine yesterday, didn't get a chance to check it out until tonight. Looks good and I'm going to try and talk to a local 'smith I've been told does actual gunsmithing about swapping it onto my spare 4" GP.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Not sure why, but I bought one too. Seemed like too good of a deal to pass up.

Ordered.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I have a 3 inch fixed sight GP-100, wondering if this would improve the sight picture on that?
    If I could get a Novack cut on the rear that would be cool. But I might just sell it and look for a 4 inch adjustable.

User Tag List