Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please help a dinosaur out

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I asked a specific question*, and got a specific answer HERE.

*When I asked that, the only information I could find about installation instructions was on an older YT video, and it showed 8/6.5 in/lbs. The instructions I received with my V3 said 9.5 in/lbs.
    More interesting is Forward Controls Design is apparently coming out with a steel competitor to the C&H and C&H is coming out with a V4?

Anyone know if the C&H V4 will be aluminum or steel ?

All of this is just another reason to hate an optic that requires dismounting to change the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Top RDS trainers are recommending that agencies who want to issue or approve the MOS In lieu of milling (which is gonna be most Agencies) use the C&H plate. I’m a fan.
    He's apparently coming out with a V4 and I may try that once it comes out.

I installed a the factory Glock/Trijicon combo on one of our officer's guns (a Gen4 G34 MOS) back in October 2015 following the factory directions. He's carried that gun as a K9 handler, SWAT officer and now on a Fed task force ever since. He also has competed with it in various tactical competitions with lots of obstacle course nonsense, had a decent amount of salt water exposure during Urban Shield a few years back (I spent hours having to clean rust off of guy's Noveske rifles), and has put in excess of 15,000 rounds through the gun. If it was going to break then it would have done it by now.

I followed the factory directions and have changed the battery for him three times. The only issue he has had with it was flicker (it's an older Pre-Type 2 RMR) and that was fixed with the Shoe-Goo trick which totally worked.

Anecdotal yes, but there are lots of others out there using the factory setup. Other than cosmetics I'm not too worried about it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    He's apparently coming out with a V4 and I may try that once it comes out.

I installed a the factory Glock/Trijicon combo on one of our officer's guns (a Gen4 G34 MOS) back in October 2015 following the factory directions. He's carried that gun as a K9 handler, SWAT officer and now on a Fed task force ever since. He also has competed with it in various tactical competitions with lots of obstacle course nonsense, had a decent amount of salt water exposure during Urban Shield a few years back (I spent hours having to clean rust off of guy's Noveske rifles), and has put in excess of 15,000 rounds through the gun. If it was going to break then it would have done it by now.

I followed the factory directions and have changed the battery for him three times. The only issue he has had with it was flicker (it's an older Pre-Type 2 RMR) and that was fixed with the Shoe-Goo trick which totally worked.

Anecdotal yes, but there are lots of others out there using the factory setup. Other than cosmetics I'm not too worried about it.
    I’m interested in the steel plate from FCD, Rodger Wang is a gifted engineer but honestly I hate the small window and the tint of the RMR even more than dismounting to change the battery.

I have an astigmatism that makes red dots turn into blurry 8's, especially when the brightness increases. I've had an old Aimpoint CompM2 on my M4 at work and I make it work, but it's never been ideal. I'm thinking a larger dot at lower brightness will be helpful.
    It's not what you asked, but get that shit corrected. IME it only gets worse with age and other vision changes.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    It's not what you asked, but get that shit corrected. IME it only gets worse with age and other vision changes.
    +1

I don't know why people suffer through astigmatism or any other easily correctable vision defect.

Site Supporter
    I have had extreme astigmatism for over 60 years. It can be corrected in many cases to allow 20/20 vision with glasses or contact lens. That has been my experience, but I would still have the same red dot complaints mentioned here.

Just now...

Need to wait for the thread locker to cure.

@Hambo

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    +1

I don't know why people suffer through astigmatism or any other easily correctable vision defect.
    How do you suggest correcting it besides glasses?

@Hambo

How do you suggest correcting it besides glasses?
    Glasses or contacts. You'll need them eventually, so you might as well get started and see dots clearly.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I am trying to catch up this topic (red dots on carbines but not pistols)...from what I'm reading you have to remove the RMR optic to change the batteries but this changed with the SRO, but the SRO isn't duty ready, so games only...am I getting the jest of this?

User Tag List