Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Wyoming rancher’s message to Bloomberg

I have absolutely zero love for Mike, and know how bad he would be for 2A rights if elected.

That being said, considering that as of right now, the main contender for the Dems is Bernie, and he scares the absolute sh!t out of me, I'm loathe to speak badly of Mike or any of the other candidates.

cc

The cities send their enforcers into the rural areas. Some come back, some do not.
    OK...

In the meantime, other American farmers decide to stand in solidarity with Californian farmers and refuse to sell foodstuffs to any California address (or anyone suspected of transshipping).
    Agriculture is now controlled by large multistate and multinational corporations.

SF and LA can buy food...……….from who knows where and at who knows what prices...……..eventually food shortages and rationing will begin and the urban have nots are going to have a problem with the urban haves..
    They will buy it from the same large corporations they buy from now.

What is this weird russobot argument that has suddenly sprung up?

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    True - but the cities did not exist until the farmer became efficient enough to feed more than just himself and his family. While there is a large degree of symbiosis in modern society - at the extreme the city needs the farmer more than the farmer needs the city.
    Farmers don't control the agriculture business.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    That add could have just as easily been directed at Trump.
    LOL……Trump Derangement Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Agriculture is now controlled by large multistate and multinational corporations.
    Who get their commodities from...…………..the grain fairy?

You can believe that farmers would never unite and you would be right....until they do.

OK...

I know so many independent operations, I’m having a hard time believing the this one.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Who get their commodities from...…………..the grain fairy?
    Any farmer across the globe that will sell it.

You can believe that farmers would never unite and you would be right....until they do.
    So farmers are going to unionize? This does not bode well for the Republicans.

Last edited by Zincwarrior; 02-24-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I know so many independent operations, I’m having a hard time believing the this one.

Tyson, KKR, and ADM would like to have a discussion...

Tyson, KKR, and ADM would like to have a discussion...
    My point is that there are a lot of independent operations. I believe the way tysons works, they don’t actually own chicken farms.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    My point is that there are a lot of independent operations. I believe the way tysons works, they don’t actually own chicken farms.
    I hear you. But those operations have to sell their product, and those companies do not factor this strange dustup into their situation.

Its a weird argument thats hit a bunch of websites. It really feels like its driven by a third party actor.

User Tag List