Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Wyoming rancher’s message to Bloomberg

A Wyoming rancher’s message to Bloomberg

#RESIST

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I think it was the 2/18 Ben Shapiro show where he addressed these Bloomberg comments. His point was that they are being taken out of context. Bloomberg's discussion was specifically time limited; he was talking about farming in the past, not the present.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Bloomberg's comments show the general lack of appreciation and disdain for agriculture that the elites have. No surprise to me that he said it and I'm sure most on his stage agree but are not dumb enough to say it out loud.

I love the food that I can buy at my local farmers market. I like supporting small and local business such as these farms. The markets are crowded and crowded with people that see the world very different than I do. I find it ironic that the same people who shop at these markets are the same people who vote for the idiots in Sacramento that are cutting off water to the very farmers they are buying from.

But then again - how hard can farming be? I remember the stories my family would tell me about the collectivization of the farms in Russia. How it was assumed that anyone could do it and how the Kulaks were only successful because they exploited the proletariat after all - farming was easy and anyone could do it! They killed the Kulaks, and then they starved. It didn't help that what crops the collective farms did manage to produce were happily sold to Germany to help feed the very men that would be marching though a few years later.

I see the same mixture of arrogance and ignorance in the Left of today.

I truly would LOVE to see the farmers in Kalifornia's central valley STOP sending the metro areas of San Francisco and Los Angeles food until the idiots in Sacramento that they have sent there start favoring farmers over pet environmental projects. In turn the farmers and ranchers will not be allowed to purchase new iPhones during that time. Let's see who holds out the longest? I realize that being an urban dweller in New Sodom it will affect me, but I have eaten MRE's for weeks on end and I can do it again. A small price to pay.....
    Last edited by Suvorov; 02-24-2020 at 01:04 AM.

Growing food isn’t hard. Making a good profit, growing food is hard. I’m leasing out a small acreage of farmland to anothe farmer, who is much better at it than I am

I truly would LOVE to see the farmers in Kalifornia's central valley STOP sending the metro areas of San Francisco and Los Angeles food until the idiots in Sacramento that they have sent there start favoring farmers over pet environmental projects. In turn the farmers and ranchers will not be allowed to purchase new iPhones during that time. Let's see who holds out the longest? I realize that being an urban dweller in New Sodom it will affect me, but I have eaten MRE's for weeks on end and I can do it again. A small price to pay.....
    And then they reply and obviate the MASSIVELY subsidized water leases the Central Valley is getting, and it reverts to desert. Meanwhile, SF and LA buy their food from everywhere else...

Everything in life is connected. Cities need food. Farms need tractors, energy, and customers. Wiener dogs need treats and belly rubs. Its the cycle of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    And then they reply and obviate the MASSIVELY subsidized water leases the Central Valley is getting, and it reverts to desert. Meanwhile, SF and LA buy their food from everywhere else...
    But since possession is 9/10th of the law, farmers who have physical access to the water decide to take it anyway and then take as much as they want. The downstreamers in the city now have neither food nor water.

The cities send their enforcers into the rural areas. Some come back, some do not.

In the meantime, other American farmers decide to stand in solidarity with Californian farmers and refuse to sell foodstuffs to any California address (or anyone suspected of transshipping).

SF and LA can buy food...……….from who knows where and at who knows what prices...……..eventually food shortages and rationing will begin and the urban have nots are going to have a problem with the urban haves..

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Time limited or not, the problem isn’t his quote being taken out of context (which is what most people say when they present a shitty facile argument in an attempt to bolster a different point and end up saying something completely stupid) but rather that his demeaning remarks about how anyone can be a farmer, or machinist, is completely idiotic and could only believed by someone that has never grown a meaningful amount of food, made anything from a piece of metal, or likely ever got his hands dirty, much less calloused — despite being an Eagle Scout. Fuck that guy.
    Exactly right^^^^^ Mini- Mikes comments are not only demeaning, But IMO, the show a seething hatred for working people..People like Bloomturd should be dropped off in the Alaskan bush, about 300 miles from the nearest cabin..

Everything in life is connected. Cities need food. Farms need tractors, energy, and customers. Wiener dogs need treats and belly rubs. Its the cycle of life.
    You forgot the bank loans. Farming is a business. Poor businessman, poor farmer.

We don't need anymore NYC billionaires running the country. Total 100% disconnect.

That add could have just as easily been directed at Trump.
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-24-2020 at 12:33 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    True - but the cities did not exist until the farmer became efficient enough to feed more than just himself and his family. While there is a large degree of symbiosis in modern society - at the extreme the city needs the farmer more than the farmer needs the city.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 02-24-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    You forgot the bank loans. Farming is a business. Poor businessman, poor farmer.

We don't need anymore NYC billionaires running the country. Total 100% disconnect.

That add could have just as easily been directed at Trump.
    Except ranchers love Trump, for good reasons. Talked to one this morning.
    #RESIST

User Tag List