Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada Highway Patrol Transitions to SIG P320

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I've never seen a department clean by ultrasound. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but in nearly thirty years I never saw it.

When we T&E'd the P230 I was a big fan. I loved the way the large grip module fit my hand and it shot very well. This was before the whole drop-safe fiasco. However, I think all of the P230's supposed advantages really don't amount to much in reality, in either military or LE application. Most of them simply won't be utilized. In the end, the P230 can't do anything on an institutional level the Glock isn't already doing.
    We do ultrasonic cleanings. The machine is loaded with MPro7. Surprised about the "no ultrasonic" thing from Sig, though, @HCM. I'll ask our guy about that tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I’m not trying to be a smart ass - but since you were in LE back when the P230 was popular, are you referencing the .380? Or was that a typo and you meant the P320?
    I think it's my early onset dementia kicking in. Yes, P320.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I think it's my early onset dementia kicking in. Yes, P320.
    Lol! I blame how Sig names/numbers their guns.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Lol! I blame how Sig names/numbers their guns.
    Well, I was forever scarred at a young age by Smith & Wesson's 3rd Generation numbering scheme. Maybe Sig is giving me PTSD flashbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    We do ultrasonic cleanings. The machine is loaded with MPro7. Surprised about the "no ultrasonic" thing from Sig, though, @HCM. I'll ask our guy about that tomorrow.
    When/for who/how often/for what reasons do you guys perform ultrasonic cleanings? Thanks in advance.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    How many departments are actually conducting any sort of regular ultrasonic cleaning on a systematic level that makes it a legitimate reason to buy the gun?

How many departments are so backlogged on pistol repairs that they are unable to maintain force readiness?

Again, goes back to my point that the platform might have all sorts of neat features compared to other striker fired polymer pistols......but pretty much none of them are actually meaningful. They're just "neat", are likely completely under-or-unutilized, and the real reason for agencies buying them (I hypothesize) is because they already have SIGs, want to stay with the company/support network they already know, and so they buy the polymer pistol that SIG has to sell.

I guess about the only exception to that would be if an agency had a "no trigger pull for disassembly" rule. How many of the agencies adopting them have that rule?
    How many agencies will adopt a modular handgun and then prohibit officers from utilizing that modularity ? (Hint- the answer is more than you think)

Vending Machine Operator
    Doing a quick mental check, seemed like Sig now has 4 or so State Patrol agencies...then I realized it's quite a lot more.

Nevada
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    North Dakota
    Virginia
    Texas
    Kansas

So, 7 that I can think of. For 50 state patrol agencies that is surprisingly rapid adoption. Is it because like an earlier poster said a lot of them were Classic P-Series Sig agencies?
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Doing a quick mental check, seemed like Sig now has 4 or so State Patrol agencies...then I realized it's quite a lot more.

Nevada
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    North Dakota
    Virginia
    Texas
    Kansas

So, 7 that I can think of. For 50 state patrol agencies that is surprisingly rapid adoption. Is it because like an earlier poster said a lot of them were Classic P-Series Sig agencies?
    Kansas is Glock.

Vending Machine Operator
    Kansas is Glock.
    Oh, thanks for nothing Google. I based it on seeing a KHP P320 Armorer Course listed.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post

Nevada- Yes
    Ohio- Yes
    Oklahoma- Edit: I'm seeing YES, they were issued SIGs, Troopers could buy Glocks though
    North Dakota- Yes
    Virginia- Yes
    Texas- Yes
    Kansas- N/A as noted by Trooper224

My notes in red. 6 out of 6 issued SIGs prior to switching to the P320.
    Last edited by TGS; 02-24-2020 at 08:56 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List