Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good value (sub $1k) scope for a match barrel AR?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My 6.5 Grendel has the Burris XTRii 3-15x50, and it’s outstanding. The glass is bright and crisp. Way better than I expected for a ‘cheaper’ scope. Very rugged construction as well.

FFP is about more than calculating bullet drop. I use a FFP Mil reticle for wind holds, moving targets, and correcting for misses.
    This is a good choice. They are a little on the heavy side for what they are but I run a 5-25 SCR MIL version and have shot out to 900 yards with it on 12X.

The Vortex PST line that ranger mentioned is good, just a little dated for what it is. I'm seeing them on clearance at a couple places for under $700

I'll throw one more in the mix and that is Cabela's Covenant line. They are made in China but I have a couple and a guy I shoot with has one. They go on sale once in a while for under $300 but perform much better than the price point. FFP, tree style reticle, side focus, and 30mm one piece tube. The only downside I have seen with them is that if you like to dial, they may take a shot to settle in. I use the tree reticle to hold so it has never been an issue.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    If you are willing to buy used, and weight is not an issue, the Night Night Force SHV line can be found in the $700 to $900 range. With the MILR and MOAR reticles.

I have the 4-14x on my Bergera and have been very pleased with it.

I've got a variant of the Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 on my Grendel. It's been a good value for the money and has the feature set I wanted.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List