Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 407K vs 507K

Name:  C91ADDC9-AC95-4E07-BE7C-F0D085F9833E.jpg
Views: 8498
Size:  66.9 KB
    Received my 43x slide from the guys at CHPWS today with the 507k installed.

Their work, communication and turn around time was excellent; can’t recommend them enough.

Does anyone have a recommendation on sights that will clear the base of the optic (something similar or slightly lower than 1/3 co-witness ideally)?

I have some Ameriglo Defoor sights but I don’t think they will be tall enough to see through the optics window.

@Onikudaki I am not sure what the height of the 507K is vs the RMSw or RMSc but I have the BOLD sights, they clear the base and are useable without being obtrusive.

My 507K and 43X slide is on the way back from Primary Machine. Look forward to posting a report.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikudaki View Post

Their work, communication and turn around time was excellent; can’t recommend them enough.

Does anyone have a recommendation on sights that will clear the base of the optic (something similar or slightly lower than 1/3 co-witness ideally)?

I have some Ameriglo Defoor sights but I don’t think they will be tall enough to see through the optics window.
    What comp is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    What comp is that?
    Mayhem Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @Onikudaki I am not sure what the height of the 507K is vs the RMSw or RMSc but I have the BOLD sights, they clear the base and are useable without being obtrusive.
    Thank you! Will check dimensions on the Bolds and see what similar height options are available.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    For what it's worth, the Holosun looks like it may not work on all pockets cut for Shield sights. The SMS/RMS(c) cut appears to have four bosses. The Holosun 407k only has two recesses for bosses, and they appear to be pretty shallow.
    I have just learned that the Swampfox Sentinel is set up for 4 bosses.

I don't recall what the plastic Sig garbage had. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

407k underbelly.

Attachment 57969
    Jagerwerks has now modified their rmsc cuts such that you can mount an rmsc or 407/507k.

300 rounds with my 407K/P365XL combo and so far I am very impressed with the optic. The only issue thus far is that it does show some artifacts when shooting into direct sun. Nothing unworkable, but enough to be distracting during slow fire.

The rear sight regulates to a 6 o'clock hold at 15yds with my 147gr reloads. I would describe the BUIS as "present." I would not want to rely upon them as a primary sight.

A friend of mine just put a 507k on a Glock 48. I shot the FBI Bullseye (it was a drill of the week at one point) and managed a 282/300. I think that's pretty acceptable for a gun of that size. I really liked the way the sight made the gun handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikudaki View Post

Which finish did you go with? Is that the factory Glock finish with just the milled pocket cerakoted?

My slide arrives at chpws tomorrow and I can't decide what color to cerakote. Thinking of flat black.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    Which finish did you go with? Is that the factory Glock finish with just the milled pocket cerakoted?

My slide arrives at chpws tomorrow and I can't decide what color to cerakote. Thinking of flat black.Thanks
    I had them only refinish the area they milled for the optic. So the rest of the slide still has the factory finish.

User Tag List