Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 407K vs 507K

I just got a shipment notification from Midway for my HS407k. Kinda wierd that the estimated delivery date is August 12.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I just got a shipment notification from Midway for my HS407k. Kinda wierd that the estimated delivery date is August 12.
    Pony express delivery or a ploy to charge your CC??

I have seen a number of online places add a week or two to expected delivery to cover for delays around shipping during Covid, but things commonly are arriving ahead of the promised date.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have seen a number of online places add a week or two to expected delivery to cover for delays around shipping during Covid, but things commonly are arriving ahead of the promised date.
    That is what I suspect. Better to under promise and over deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Pony express delivery or a ploy to charge your CC??
    The Pony Express would get here faster than that, and after somewhere near three decades of dealing with Midway, they already know they don’t need a ploy to charge my credit card.

So far, most pistol red dots over promise but under deliver.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Anyone dealt with Sig lately? They still haven't got that "underpromise/overdeliver" deal down when it comes to shipping times.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So far, most pistol red dots over promise but under deliver.
    Red dots, absolutely. I can still hope for the best with Midway.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Anyone dealt with Sig lately? They still haven't got that "underpromise/overdeliver" deal down when it comes to shipping times.
    My last experience with them was when I had to send my Kilo 1800 in for a firmware update that would not install in the normal fashion. Took them a month to do what they said would take a week.

I was finally able to make it back to the range to zero the 507k. Digging around for different ammo I brought a mixture, but forgot the hollow points, which is probably what I should be zeroing it with if I'm going to carry it.. oh well, next month. Prior to today my 365XL had 200 trouble-free rounds without the optic loaded. For the range trip today I used -

Speer Lawman 124 gr TMJ (my usual range ammo) - 50 rounds no issues

SIG Sauer 124 gr FMJ - 20 rounds no issues, the 21st round Failed to Chamber. I did an immediate Tap-Rack-Bang then looked for it on the ground. It had a very slight gouge on the top where it tried to chamber. I put it back in the mag and resumed shooting - that round failed to chamber AGAIN. Bashing the back of the slide chambered it and it fired fine. Maybe slightly out of spec? The remainder of the 50 round box fired fine. I had never used this ammo before, but I find it ironic that the SIG ammo hiccuped in a SIG pistol...

Federal Syntech Training Match 124 gr - 50 rounds no issues. I've started to grow fond of this ammo - shoots clean and seems to be the most accurate of any I've tried, until this next one...

Target Sports Ammunition 124g gr FMJ - New stuff, they just came out with it this month I think. Headstamp says "TSA" on it and it says "Made in Czech Republic". Reviews seem to think it is made by S&B (Sellier & Bellot); it is even packaged in small boxes which is very handy for ammo cans. It is a bit expensive at $0.30/round when I bought it. I only bought a couple of boxes to try. What I found is excellent accuracy. 30 rounds of this with zero issues, though it is smoky and smells a little. I probably wouldn't use inside if you can help it..

This is 7 rounds, at 7-8 yards, in.. well not 7 seconds, but it wasn't exactly slow fire.

Name:  target-sports-9mm-124gr.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  28.8 KB

After that I finished off with 20 rounds of Winchester 115 gr FMJ for a total of 200 rounds, with no issues except the hiccup with the SIG ammo. No cleanings since before I first brought the gun home, so 400 rounds total. I'll probably given it a cleaning this weekend now that it is "broken in".

Name:  365xl-holosun_507k_7yards.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  42.7 KB

Can't remember what ammo that was, maybe it was the Target Sports ammo still. I do need a lot of practice with the dot - follow-up shots were sometimes delayed because I'm so used to focusing on the front sight. This is my first handgun-mounted red dot (besides a Vortex Venom on my S&W .22 cal Victory which doesn't really count) - I did find the dot sufficiently bright, not sure what setting I had it at but it was not at max, and I was in the sun all morning. Mounting screws after the 200 rounds were still tight so no issues there.

Also I was using the red dot to rack the slide when I had to, no issues there either. Though if you have fat swollen fingers you might leave a fingerprint on the front - I could not see it looking at the targets. And yes, the sight DOES have a slight "fish bowl" effect. I did not find it distracting after a few mags. I read elsewhere that it seems to have like a 1.05x magnification which is possible.

The auto-shutoff works great; I open my safe and I can see that it's off, as soon as I pick it up it turns on. There is a very small rear sight kind of built-in to the Holosun 507k - I did not check the accuracy/POI difference with that. Mental note to check next time.

User Tag List