Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 407K vs 507K

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Kenzie's now shows the 407k expected in August with new backorders shipping in September. Looks like I backordered the wrong optic. I chose the 407k for the 6moa dot.
    I had one on order and switched to an in stock full size optic. I'll wait until the k's are in stock before i snag one. I don't have enough patience to wait it out.

Kenzies was great to deal with and the switch was as simple as an email. Definitely buy my next from them.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

My 507k from Optics Planet just arrived. Unfortunately I am busy trying to get the generator running and hooked up and clearing fallen trees, so....

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    My 507k from Optics Planet just arrived. Unfortunately I am busy trying to get the generator running and hooked up and clearing fallen trees, so....
    What the heck happened? Tornado?

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    What the heck happened? Tornado?

Tornado in the area, just severe thunderstorms for us.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I originally ordered with Optics Planet but they kept delaying the ship date, and I used a one-time credit card # that was only good for two months. (they hadn't charged yet obviously) I got a ship notice on my 507k from https://modernwarriors.com/ so we'll see when it gets here (USPS shipping....). Sorry to hear about your yard issues.

One issue I've heard about the 407k/507k is a severe "fishbowl" effect of the lens. The video I posted previously stated this and I've heard it mentioned elsewhere. Hopefully in practice it isn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
    I originally ordered with Optics Planet but they kept delaying the ship date, and I used a one-time credit card # that was only good for two months. (they hadn't charged yet obviously) I got a ship notice on my 507k from https://modernwarriors.com/ so we'll see when it gets here (USPS shipping....). Sorry to hear about your yard issues.

One issue I've heard about the 407k/507k is a severe "fishbowl" effect of the lens. The video I posted previously stated this and I've heard it mentioned elsewhere. Hopefully in practice it isn't that bad.
    Well I only had time for 110 rounds (100 practice ammo, 10 147 HST), but I didn't notice that. The difference between this sight and that Sig bigZero that was on the gun was like night and day.

Stay safe @MVS. Be interested in a few details on what sets the Holoson apart from the R0 whenever you get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Stay safe @MVS. Be interested in a few details on what sets the Holoson apart from the R0 whenever you get a chance.
    Where do I start. Rugged metal construction, glass lens, a dot that doesn't wash out with the sun behind it, side battery tray, a really big thing, the adjustment buttons are easy to use. Circle/dot of you like that.

I think the 507k would be great on my Glock 43.

If possible I would like to have the same MRDS on all my pistols. That way all the controls/dot/battery/mounts are the same.

I also on a Glock 19. For the people that own one or have used one do you think the 507k would be a good fit on the 19?

Pardon the crappy picture. 507k on a Hellcat, 508t on a MR918. The footprint is smaller on the k, so probably not a direct mount to something designed for an RMR/507C. The window is smaller so you give away view for a nominal and probably inconsequential increase in concealability. The sight isn't what's going to print, I don't think.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List