Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 407K vs 507K

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Question related to mounting: I'm assuming these screws need to be correctly torqued given their location? And Loc-tited? Assuming a typical garage with an inch-lb 1/4 drive torque wrench, can I use that? Or is there a special teeny-tiny torque wrench in eighth-inch ounces or whatever I have to buy to put on of these Dots on? Sorry if this is a stupid question. I know zip about these things.
    I wouldn't torque past ~11-13 inch/lbs, but yes, so long as you've got an inch/lb torque wrench that'll do that, yes. You should buy Vibratite VC3 (some probably came with your holsters if you bought from JMCK or Tenicor or similar) as a threadlocker.

I would welcome any further comments or details that George or any other forum member might wish to add regarding opinions of the Holosun 407K vs. the Holosun 507K mounted on a carry gun like the Sig P365XL.

My optic experience on pistols is limited, with some experience with the Leupold DPP, the Trijicon RMR, and most recently, the Trijicon SRO. My personal preference among these three optics (all on "game guns" )is the SRO with a 5 MOA dot. The primary reason for this preference is the window size of the SRO, combined with the fact that so far I have encountered virtually zero issues with "finding the dot" in the SRO, even when shooting from awkward positions, WHO, SHO, etc. That was not the case with the DPP and RMR.

Considering the significantly smaller window of the mini Holosun optics, "losing the dot" may be a potential problem on a carry gun, so I am looking for every advantage I might gain by picking the Holosun that gives me the best chance to acquire and maintain visual contact of the dot. So . . . . 407K or 507K, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    I would welcome any further comments or details that George or any other forum member might wish to add regarding opinions of the Holosun 407K vs. the Holosun 507K mounted on a carry gun like the Sig P365XL.

My optic experience on pistols is limited, with some experience with the Leupold DPP, the Trijicon RMR, and most recently, the Trijicon SRO. My personal preference among these three optics (all on "game guns" )is the SRO with a 5 MOA dot. The primary reason for this preference is the window size of the SRO, combined with the fact that so far I have encountered virtually zero issues with "finding the dot" in the SRO, even when shooting from awkward positions, WHO, SHO, etc. That was not the case with the DPP and RMR.

Considering the significantly smaller window of the mini Holosun optics, "losing the dot" may be a potential problem on a carry gun, so I am looking for every advantage I might gain by picking the Holosun that gives me the best chance to acquire and maintain visual contact of the dot. So . . . . 407K or 507K, and why?
    507, because it has the circle option.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Following up on an earlier question and comment about mounting a Holosun 407K optic.

I have a Sig P365XL pistol and intend to mount a Holosun 407K optic on it when the optic arrives (if that ever happens!)

Has anyone seen any data or instructions regarding what screws are needed to mount this optic on this pistol?

I am assuming that Holosun won't include screws with the optic that will work with this specific pistol and this specific optic, although they might surprise me.

Any suggestions? Contact Holosun directly?

Thanks

I was able to speak directly to a technician at Holosun today and he assured me that the Holosun 407K is shipped with the proper screws required to mount the optic directly to the Sig P365XL pistol after removing the combination mounting plate/rear sight assembly on the pistol.

I was able to speak directly to a technician at Holosun today and he assured me that the Holosun 407K is shipped with the proper screws required to mount the optic directly to the Sig P365XL pistol after removing the combination mounting plate/rear sight assembly on the pistol.
    Thats good. The real question is, did he assure you that the sights themselves will actually ship someday?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Thats good. The real question is, did he assure you that the sights themselves will actually ship someday?
    I was told they expected shipment in early July. I won't hold my breath!

I was told they expected shipment in early July. I won't hold my breath!
    Apparently some dealers are getting stock in now - I ordered my 507k from a website earlier that claimed to have 8 in stock as I ordered, then 4 in stock after I placed my order. Now shows OOS.

This is apparently one of the first reviews on YouTube, at least that I've found -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=419ByEkDu9Q

I picked up a SIG P365XL a week ago and love it; with additional testing it might replace my M&P Shield as EDC.

Local gun store here in OK had the 507k in stock on June 19th. Sadly they didn't last long.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Kenzie's now shows the 407k expected in August with new backorders shipping in September. Looks like I backordered the wrong optic. I chose the 407k for the 6moa dot.

User Tag List