Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 407K vs 507K

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I have a bunch and they are pretty great. By all accounts the 407c/507c are almost as rugged as the RMR but the 407k hasn't really been tested and that's really my hesitation. Being aluminum I assume it will be more rugged than the SIg and Shield if only because they are plastic but I would still prefer an RMR that is basically sized for the smaller battery and slimmer slides. If they ever made that I'd have a slide cut for that without hesitation.

Btw how stupid is it that Holosun calls this thing the 407/507 along with their larger dots? Like why not just make a new model number?
    Just got a 510c today. I love it. It kind of makes sense to me. At least they added the k at the end which is pretty much a standard for the industry. I can't wait to get a 407k for my 365xl.

I went to Holosun's webpage today and I saw something interesting. Under their listings for mounts and spacers they now have listings for 2 plates:

• 407/507K Adapter for RMR
    • 407/507K Adapter for MOS

Which are both marked as coming soon. I assume that the one plate will let you mount the 407/507K to any pistol with an RMR cut and the other is a direct plate to mount to a Glock MOS system.

That's interesting to me because even on the full Glocks the RMR and other red dots still hang off the slide a bit so I had been wondering if maybe the smaller foot print of the 407/507k might work even better than their full size counter parts.

If the K models end up being as reliable and durable as their full size counter parts I could see putting one on a double stack 9mm carry gun.

Site Supporter
    Sounds like these might start shipping by the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Sounds like these might start shipping by the end of the month.
    I don't know about that

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Fluffer View Post
    I don't know about that

Why not? Details?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Fluffer View Post
    I don't know about that

Kenzies optics sent an email last week that they were ezpected in 3-4 weeks.

Sorry, this was attached to my previous post. Optics Planet originally told me 2 April, then 1 May, now 23 June on the 507k

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Kenzies optics sent an email last week that they were ezpected in 3-4 weeks.
    Looks like Kenzie's has a note on their product page now that they are expecting to start shipping at the beginning of July. For whatever that is worth.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Looks like Kenzie's has a note on their product page now that they are expecting to start shipping at the beginning of July. For whatever that is worth.
    Yeah got that update emailed.

Question related to mounting: I'm assuming these screws need to be correctly torqued given their location? And Loc-tited? Assuming a typical garage with an inch-lb 1/4 drive torque wrench, can I use that? Or is there a special teeny-tiny torque wrench in eighth-inch ounces or whatever I have to buy to put on of these Dots on? Sorry if this is a stupid question. I know zip about these things.

User Tag List