Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 407K vs 507K

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Don't do this. I have a RMSc that arrived DOA. I tried the call the US vendo and they would not exchange it. Tried to reach two different people at Shield. No response. Many of them are furloughed. I am now out close to 500 for a sight that is dead and not returnable at this point. You can try to order the new sight that uses the shield food print from US Optics. I believe Shield is making them. They might be a better best and chances are if they are ordering them in bulk they will have more pull to warranty or to fix your shit if it breaks if not refund you altogether. US Optics would be my first choice if I couldn't wait for the 407K.
    Any chance of a link to the USO offering? The only one I saw said it had a Viper footprint.

Found it. Didn't think it would be the $600 one...

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Found it. Didn't think it would be the $600 one...
    It's the one for $579, MCRS I believe. They offer a good discount if you're Mil or LE. Maybe I crazy but I thought they had PF discount. Maybe I say their brand on Primary Arms or someone else's.

Site Supporter
    I am dumb - cornstalker's correct.

I went ahead and jumped on a pre-order at Midway for the 407k. Now to try to forget about it until it shows up...

So got an e-mail from US Optics. MCRS listed as in stock the the web site. Not in freaking stock. Got an e-mail confirming this six days after the order was placed. This kind of crap irks me, Chinese despite how I feel about about to get my money for a few 407K's. I wish an American company would get off their ass step up and make something comparable. Where the hell is a Trijicon rep. to complain to when we need one? Will someone on the board who's connected please make a call?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    So got an e-mail from US Optics. MCRS listed as in stock the the web site. Not in freaking stock. Got an e-mail confirming this six days after the order was placed. This kind of crap irks me, Chinese despite how I feel about about to get my money for a few 407K's. I wish an American company would get off their ass step up and make something comparable. Where the hell is a Trijicon rep. to complain to when we need one? Will someone on the board who's connected please make a call?
    They will. Right after my 407k and slide get back from the machine shop. Lol.

They will. Right after my 407k and slide get back from the machine shop. Lol.
    This is the way.

If I actually send my slide to be milled Trijicon will announce something the second I get the dot sighted in on my slide.

Everyone seems to be loving those Holosun. They’re also inexpensive. I just can’t get past the Chinese optic thing. If I could, it’s sure speed up my process and be much more doable.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Everyone seems to be loving those Holosun. They’re also inexpensive. I just can’t get past the Chinese optic thing. If I could, it’s sure speed up my process and be much more doable.
    I have a bunch and they are pretty great. By all accounts the 407c/507c are almost as rugged as the RMR but the 407k hasn't really been tested and that's really my hesitation. Being aluminum I assume it will be more rugged than the SIg and Shield if only because they are plastic but I would still prefer an RMR that is basically sized for the smaller battery and slimmer slides. If they ever made that I'd have a slide cut for that without hesitation.

Btw how stupid is it that Holosun calls this thing the 407/507 along with their larger dots? Like why not just make a new model number?
    Last edited by mrozowjj; 04-22-2020 at 10:19 AM.

User Tag List