Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 407K vs 507K

Picked up my 407K on Thursday when the first batch arrived here. Unfortunately it doesn't fit the milling job for the shield on my G48. By a hair. Going to try get that sorted in the week.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Picked up my 407K on Thursday when the first batch arrived here. Unfortunately it doesn't fit the milling job for the shield on my G48. By a hair. Going to try get that sorted in the week.
    Same with my 43X direct milled by Primary for the RMSc — close but no cigar with the 507K.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Same with my 43X direct milled by Primary for the RMSc — close but no cigar with the 507K.
    Aside from the bosses what dimension(s) are off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Aside from the bosses what dimension(s) are off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure just wont fit the last mm or two , off to see the gunsmith tomorrow

507K arrived. Pleasantly surprised to find it's the Trijicon-offending version. It didn't quite drop into the CHPWS cut that my 407K came out of. It was a bit of a press (i.e finish scraping, but no filing) fit. I can see why FCD doesn't want to make plates for Holosun given the variability.

I've set the 507K to brightness setting 8 which seems bright enough for everyday use, and I'm starting the timer. Will try to carry it every day to make sure the shake awake is getting a workout. Really hopeful it lasts longer than the 6 days my 407K would last on setting 7.

I'll be starting the repair process for the 407K.

507K v1 has surpassed the three-week mark. 407K (6-day battery life) is in Holosun's hands

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    I've set the 507K to brightness setting 8 which seems bright enough for everyday use, and I'm starting the timer. Will try to carry it every day to make sure the shake awake is getting a workout. Really hopeful it lasts longer than the 6 days my 407K would last on setting 7.

Looks like I have broken a 407K. Fitted it two weeks ago and fired 260 rounds when I did. Haven't shot that gun since then. Yesterday morning dot was good when I checked, in the afternoon it was dead. My first thought was that this thing has worse battery life than my Acro. Tried two new batteries , still nothing.

Agents have been good and will replace when the next batch arrives so this isn't a bitch, just a data point.

Looks like I have broken a 407K. Fitted it two weeks ago and fired 260 rounds when I did. Haven't shot that gun since then. Yesterday morning dot was good when I checked, in the afternoon it was dead. My first thought was that this thing has worse battery life than my Acro. Tried two new batteries , still nothing.

Agents have been good and will replace when the next batch arrives so this isn't a bitch, just a data point.
    This is consistent with my experience with Holosun products — they have a relatively high out of the box failure rate, but if you get through the initial period they tend to be reliable.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This is consistent with my experience with Holosun products — they have a relatively high out of the box failure rate, but if you get through the initial period they tend to be reliable.
    Waiting to catch a sale on the 507, but once I have one in hand and in light of ammo prices, would you expect failures to occur within a couple hundred rounds, or would it likely take many hundreds or even low thousands of rounds for issues to pop up?

User Tag List