Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 407K vs 507K

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    My two big holosun's both turn on before i can look through the window when i pick them up. Just for as frame of reference on the shake awake, as i don't have any k series dots.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Just getting around to using my new Holosun 407K mounted on my Sig P365XL, and have encountered a problem.

I have adjusted the intensity of the dot on the optic according to instructions in the Owner's Manual, and then used to the locking feature to lock the intensity at the desired level.

I have also adjusted the dot to go into the "sleep" mode after 10 minutes, as instructed.

Both those features seem to work fine.

What DOES NOT appear to be working correctly is the "Shake Awake Technology".

According to the manual. the sight will "instantaneously wake up and turn on with any motion detection to the last saved intensity setting"

My issue is that my optic does not respond as described. When the pistol with the optic mounted in placed in a stationary position for approximately 10 minutes, the red dot "goes to sleep" and shuts off.

When I pick the pistol up to use it, it takes several seconds and a considerable amount of shaking before the dot will turn back on. It always turns on, but the time delay is considerable.

Is this an operator error? Am I missing something?
    I have heard similar accounts from others across all Holosun optics. And others who report no delay. I think this is the reason for the best practice of not using the shake awake feature and just leaving the dot on.

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    I have heard similar accounts from others across all Holosun optics. And others who report no delay. I think this is the reason for the best practice of not using the shake awake feature and just leaving the dot on.
    My Google-fu may be weak. I researched the internet for sources of others experiencing similar issues and came up empty-handed. I appreciate your responses.

I had about come to the conclusion that the "Shake Awake" feature is one to be best left unused on a pistol. I was just curious if it might be something I am doing incorrectly.

I had about come to the conclusion that the "Shake Awake" feature is one to be best left unused on a pistol. I was just curious if it might be something I am doing incorrectly.
    I’d contact Holosun the accelerator thingie is probably not working correctly on your sight. My 507c turns on if I walk across the floor too heavy footed near the table the gun is laying on.

After messing around with a number of Holosun pistol optics, I have come to believe that whenever Trijicon is a possible answer, it is the answer.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure out the operation of the 407K yesterday. The operating instructions are fairly clear, but leave a few things out. It would be a great help if Holosun (or someone else) would produce an instructional video to help understand the details of the many available adjustments.

After I posted on the forum earlier sharing the problem with the "shake awake" feature, I encountered further issues and could not get the optic to respond to other adjustment inputs as described in the operating manual, including one period of time when I couldn't get the damn thing to turn off.

Some of my problems were self-inflicted. For example, I initially did not realize that one cannot turn off the optic when it is in the intensity "lock" mode. Finally figured that one out.

At the end of the day, the optic now appears to be operating adequately. I can turn it on and off and increase/decrease dot intensity as described in the manual. What I cannot do with any repeatability is set the intervals on how long I want the dot to remain lit before "going to sleep" when it sits idle, or to "shake awake" in less than 12-15 seconds when it is in "sleep" mode.

So I chose to simply deactivate the "shake awake" feature . . . . but it wasn't easy. I clearly understand the instructions on how it is supposed to work, but it took me literally dozens of repetitions and lots of fiddling, including removing and reinstalling the battery a few times to finally deactivate the "shake awake" feature. It may just be a manufacturing flaw in my optic.

Now when I turn on the optic, it comes on and stays on until I turn it off. I'm going to leave it that way for a while and get the gun and optic on the range to see if it is going to hold up to shooting before I spend a lot more time fiddling with it. It will require significantly more vetting before I would feel comfortable carrying the Sig with this optic on it for anything other than a range toy.

If it doesn't fly off the gun or break down, I might send it back to Holosun under warranty to have the "shake awake" feature addressed. Not a good start for this optic.
    Last edited by 1911Nut; 09-01-2020 at 12:58 PM.

Everything is out of stock as usual?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    After messing around with a number of Holosun pistol optics, I have come to believe that whenever Trijicon is a possible answer, it is the answer.
    Whatchu getting rid of?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What makes you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    What makes you say that?
    I don’t trust “shake away” technology on any optic. The Holosun dots are often small, around 2 moa. The auto intensity on Holosun optics doesn’t work as well for my eyes as that on the RMR. The out of the box failure rate on Holosun optics is high compared to others. I do like that the Holosun display is typically larger than the RMR.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List