Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 407K vs 507K

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don’t trust “shake away” technology on any optic. The Holosun dots are often small, around 2 moa. The auto intensity on Holosun optics doesn’t work as well for my eyes as that on the RMR. The out of the box failure rate on Holosun optics is high compared to others. I do like that the Holosun display is typically larger than the RMR.
    From what I have read online you either get a good one or a bad one. If you do not have issues from the start then the units have been fine. I definitely have not things like this about the RMR's.

I hear you on the shake awake. It can be one more thing to break. The shake awake function on my 508t has worked 100% fine. I honestly have not given it too much thought.

I disable the auto settings on my both my RMR and my 508t. My RMR is on my carry gun that has a TLR7 on it. I keep the brightness cranked up so the dot will not wash out with the light on pointed at a white wall. Since I have the dot cranked up I get bloom from the dot. Having the smaller dot is better for that.

Since I disable the auto settings the optic does not use the solar panel on top. I do not like how they disabled it for manual users.

I like the Trijicon optics controls. Part of that is because I am used to them because I have run the Trijicon much longer. I like how I can adjust the Trijicon using the rim of a cartridge. I really dislike the cost of the RMR though.

I want to put an MRDS on my Glock 43. Up until a few days ago the 507K was the choice for me. Now that Trijicon has released the RMRcc I am rethinking that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnw View Post
    Jagerwerks has now modified their rmsc cuts such that you can mount an rmsc or 407/507k.
    Follow up on this as I just got the slide back. Confirmed that They mill only front lugs. No fit issue with 507k.

Name:  2254D0BB-972B-433D-92CD-57C1B75CD403.jpg
Views: 1430
Size:  28.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Name:  20200912_121934.jpg
Views: 1348
Size:  41.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Name:  20200912_121934.jpg
Views: 1348
Size:  41.8 KB
    Details, please.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Details, please.
    43X with a 407K direct milled with ZEV posts by CHPWS in a Tenicor Certum3. Just got the slide and optic back and it's pouring out so won't get to zero until later in the week. Can confirm Ameriglo Defoors sit too low to cowitness through the optic.

Name:  20200912_121955.jpg
Views: 3358
Size:  41.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    43X with a 407K direct milled with ZEV posts by CHPWS in a Tenicor Certum3. Just got the slide and optic back and it's pouring out so won't get to zero until later in the week. Can confirm Ameriglo Defoors sit too low to cowitness through the optic.

Name:  20200912_121955.jpg
Views: 3358
Size:  41.2 KB
    Very nice - thanks!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Received my Trijicon-infringing 407K v1 today and mounted it to my G48 cut by CHPWS.

No live fire yet but in dry fire I'm very pleased. No problems picking up the dot, much less blue tint, round dot.

I think the biggest load off my mind is removing the screw complexity. Since the side battery means I don't have to (hopefully ever) remove it, I don't need to source a second set of screws in whatever pitch this is to keep in the grip, and also the right Torx wrench for those screws... all of which are probably different from my other MRDS guns (G19.5 MOS and G45 AOS).

Only downside is the Ameriglo Agents are just slightly lower than I like. I mean I can kind of make out the tips if I'm pointing in on a white background but that's it. I didn't realize until looking at this picture that I am seeing the 407K "rear sight" inside the Ameriglo rear sight notch. It creates kind of a step-down that creates a ghosting effect for my eyes. Not sure it's worth changing them out, that will depend how the 407K runs!

Just had to replace the Duracell 1632 in my 407k after a week of it mostly sitting in a drawer. One range trip. WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Just had to replace the Duracell 1632 in my 407k after a week of it mostly sitting in a drawer. One range trip. WTF.
    did the 1632 come in the package or did you procure it yourself?

I procured it myself. The one in the package was an Energizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    did the 1632 come in the package or did you procure it yourself?

User Tag List