Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: Holosun 407K vs 507K

  1. #51
    Misbegotten Malcontent
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Kenzie's now shows the 407k expected in August with new backorders shipping in September. Looks like I backordered the wrong optic. I chose the 407k for the 6moa dot.
    I had one on order and switched to an in stock full size optic. I'll wait until the k's are in stock before i snag one. I don't have enough patience to wait it out.

    Kenzies was great to deal with and the switch was as simple as an email. Definitely buy my next from them.
    The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel. - Horace Walpole

  2. #52
    Member MVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    MI
    My 507k from Optics Planet just arrived. Unfortunately I am busy trying to get the generator running and hooked up and clearing fallen trees, so....

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    My 507k from Optics Planet just arrived. Unfortunately I am busy trying to get the generator running and hooked up and clearing fallen trees, so....
    What the heck happened? Tornado?

  4. #54
    Member MVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    MI
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    What the heck happened? Tornado?

    Tornado in the area, just severe thunderstorms for us.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    My 507k from Optics Planet just arrived. Unfortunately I am busy trying to get the generator running and hooked up and clearing fallen trees, so....
    I originally ordered with Optics Planet but they kept delaying the ship date, and I used a one-time credit card # that was only good for two months. (they hadn't charged yet obviously) I got a ship notice on my 507k from https://modernwarriors.com/ so we'll see when it gets here (USPS shipping....). Sorry to hear about your yard issues.

    One issue I've heard about the 407k/507k is a severe "fishbowl" effect of the lens. The video I posted previously stated this and I've heard it mentioned elsewhere. Hopefully in practice it isn't that bad.

  6. #56
    Member MVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    MI
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
    I originally ordered with Optics Planet but they kept delaying the ship date, and I used a one-time credit card # that was only good for two months. (they hadn't charged yet obviously) I got a ship notice on my 507k from https://modernwarriors.com/ so we'll see when it gets here (USPS shipping....). Sorry to hear about your yard issues.

    One issue I've heard about the 407k/507k is a severe "fishbowl" effect of the lens. The video I posted previously stated this and I've heard it mentioned elsewhere. Hopefully in practice it isn't that bad.
    Well I only had time for 110 rounds (100 practice ammo, 10 147 HST), but I didn't notice that. The difference between this sight and that Sig bigZero that was on the gun was like night and day.

  7. #57
    Wag more, Bark less RJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    2758'N 8232'W
    Stay safe @MVS. Be interested in a few details on what sets the Holoson apart from the R0 whenever you get a chance.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. J. C. Watts

  8. #58
    Member MVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    MI
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Stay safe @MVS. Be interested in a few details on what sets the Holoson apart from the R0 whenever you get a chance.
    Where do I start. Rugged metal construction, glass lens, a dot that doesn't wash out with the sun behind it, side battery tray, a really big thing, the adjustment buttons are easy to use. Circle/dot of you like that.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •