Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Holosun 407K vs 507K

Site Supporter
    Just got off the phone with Kenzie's. My 407K X2 has been on back order since December. Was considering cancelling and going with the 507K.

Gal on the phone said they just received shipping confirmation and tracking shows delivery to them on Thursday. This Thursday.

FYI.... She said they have enough in transit to fill 100% of back orders, plus 5 additional units.

If you want one, order ASAP. https://www.kenziesoptics.com/produc...-407k-red-dot/
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Any plates available for a 407K to MOS mount other than the CHPWS?

I see that Holosun has one listed on their website, but points to retail for purchase. Still searching for a retail location that has one.

TIA
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I tried a 507K-GR. For my eyes, it’s significantly brighter in daylight than my 407K. I’ve used the circle-only reticle in the past but stuck with the 6MOA for carry, but at this point I’m thinking about going green for my carry gun — the daylight brightness and lack of dot distortion/low sun angle problems sell me on the green. I’m wondering if it’s a vision thing, but Holosun’s red has always seemed noticeably dimmer to me than Trijicon or Aimpoint, requiring 11/12 for visibility and ideal performance only at 12/12.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I tried a 507K-GR. For my eyes, it’s significantly brighter in daylight than my 407K. I’ve used the circle-only reticle in the past but stuck with the 6MOA for carry, but at this point I’m thinking about going green for my carry gun — the daylight brightness and lack of dot distortion/low sun angle problems sell me on the green. I’m wondering if it’s a vision thing, but Holosun’s red has always seemed noticeably dimmer to me than Trijicon or Aimpoint, requiring 11/12 for visibility and ideal performance only at 12/12.
    FWIW, I don't note any difference between Holosun red and green in low sun angles. A single dot splatters equally, and the circle only works the same in red or green.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    What DOES NOT appear to be working correctly is the "Shake Awake Technology".

According to the manual. the sight will "instantaneously wake up and turn on with any motion detection to the last saved intensity setting"

My issue is that my optic does not respond as described. When the pistol with the optic mounted in placed in a stationary position for approximately 10 minutes, the red dot "goes to sleep" and shuts off.

When I pick the pistol up to use it, it takes several seconds and a considerable amount of shaking before the dot will turn back on. It always turns on, but the time delay is considerable.

Is this an operator error? Am I missing something?
    Same problem on a NIB, just mounted 407K X2. Requires a harsh shake to wake.
    Tried setting to always-on mode, then back to 10 minutes to off. No change.

Bummer.

Sent video to Holosun and requested RMA. Their RMA form is uninspiring, but it was pretty easy to reach a live person on the phone.

Very happy with the 6MOA dot, I think. Haven't shot it yet, but, seems easy enough to find in dry practice.
    Co witnesses very well with Trij suppressor height sights on a G19.

Hopefully the RMA process will go more quickly than the 4-month backorder I waited for the original shipment.

Just ordered a pair of Holosuns from Brownells. 407k-x2 with the 6moa green dot and a 407c-x2 with the 8moa red ring. See which the astigmatism prefers.

K will go on an incoming 365x, C will be tried on a direct milled G26 that currently wears an RMR. Hoping I picked my footprints correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

Bummer.

Sent video to Holosun and requested RMA. Their RMA form is uninspiring, but it was pretty easy to reach a live person on the phone.

Very happy with the 6MOA dot, I think. Haven't shot it yet, but, seems easy enough to find in dry practice.

Hopefully the RMA process will go more quickly than the 4-month backorder I waited for the original shipment.
    Right or wrong, decided to just ignore the "shake awake" feature and bypassed it. I turn the dot OFF when I take the gun off and put it in my safe. I turn the dot ON when I take it out of the safe and holster it. The intensity is set at about mid-level. When the battery need replacing, it will take about three minutes to do that. I am very happy with the optic.

So happy that I ordered a 507 K X2 and have it installed on a CZ RAMI. I operate it exactly as I do the 407K, and so far, so good. I am currently experimenting with the multiple reticle options, and so far agree with George's comments . . . the circle/dot is good for EDC so far, as it allows me to "pick up" the dot quicker upon presentation. But for pure technical shooting, I prefer just the dot.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

Bummer.

Received a replacement 407K X2 yesterday, installed today, and appears that the wake function is working properly (very sensitive... tapping the desk it's laying on turns it on). Will reinstall with Loctite screws (provided), although finding a torque wrench for something this small might prove difficult.

Overall, a good service experience. 11? days from failure to replacement in hand.
    Their RMA form is definitely a -1 star, but communication was solid by phone and email.

User Tag List