Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 407K vs 507K

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Waiting to catch a sale on the 507, but once I have one in hand and in light of ammo prices, would you expect failures to occur within a couple hundred rounds, or would it likely take many hundreds or even low thousands of rounds for issues to pop up?
    Not sure, as I used to shoot enough rounds it could have been either.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Have any 407K-X2's actually been sold here yet? Seems we're in limbo waiting for the first shipments?

If that's not correct, I've missed any comments from 407K-X2 owners and would appreciate the link...

Gracias!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Waiting to catch a sale on the 507, but once I have one in hand and in light of ammo prices, would you expect failures to occur within a couple hundred rounds, or would it likely take many hundreds or even low thousands of rounds for issues to pop up?
    I’m simply waiting for someone to have stock that lasts long enough for me to place an order.

I ordered a 507K-V2 from Brownells on Oct 12th (backorder) and it shipped today.

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mou...rod137902.aspx
    #RESIST

I bought my 507K from this place. Fast shipping and decent price.
    Looks like 407Ks are sold out but 507s are in stock.
    https://www.aaaoptics.com/store/p103/HS507K-X2.html

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I ordered a 507K-V2 from Brownells on Oct 12th (backorder) and it shipped today.

Do I need a plate for this on a G48 Brownells slide?
    #RESIST

#RESIST

To my knowledge, the 407k X2 is not shipping yet. Currently in the wild are:

507C X2 Red
    507K X2
    509T

I believe the green 507C has started shipping but they are not in stock at any distributor yet.

Probably. Brownells cuts the slides for the RMS which has the 4 bosses. CHPWS has a gen 2 plate for the mos that keeps most of the front recoil boss. Not sure about the cutout at the rear being part of the Brownells though. May try calling CHPWS and see what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    The Holosun 407K arrived today.

Sounds simple, right? But not at my house!

Checked my mail and saw a notice that the USPS had delivered the optic to my neighborhood cluster mailbox approximately 30 minutes earlier. Walked to the mailbox and opened it. The package from Holosun was inside.

BUT . . . the asshole mail carrier had placed the package inside my box by opening a front panel/framework around my mailbox and a stack of nearby boxes, then closed the panel. So when I opened my box, I could see and touch the Holosun package/box, but I could not remove the package through the front door because the package was larger than the opening!

So, at the sacrifice of the skin on my hand, I reached into the mailbox and ripped the outer package off the optic. Only to find a smaller package. Which I ripped apart. Which contained the sturdy case containing the optic and accessories. Which would still not fit through the opening of the mail box. So I removed the case lid. But the main part of the case would still not fit through the mail box opening.

But I managed to turn the case up enough to remove the optic, instruction sheet, mounting screws, optic tool, etc. and get them out of the mailbox and place them into my pocket. I then reinstalled the lid of the optic case and closed the mailbox.

Then I walked back to my house, procured a pen and a sheet of paper, along with some scotch tape and wrote a note to the dipshit mail carrier advising him he needed to remove the case from my mailbox and place it in one of the larger boxes designated for packages so I could retrieve my optic case.

I considered using colorful language challenging the mail carrier's intelligence and heritage, but decided in this age of perpetually offended and sensitive people, I might be subjecting myself to a federal crime, so I refrained from voicing my full opinion of his service. Walked the note back to the mailbox and taped it to my mailbox door.

I returned to my home to install the optic on my Sig P365XL. My left hand looks like I spent the afternoon neutering bobcats from all the work I had to perform inside the mailbox.

Installing the optic on the pistol was straightforward, using denatured alcohol to thoroughly clean the screw holes, and applying Loctite 242 to the screw threads upon installation. Screws were torqued to 15 inch lbs. per the instructions, using my Wheeler Engineering torque wrench.

Then I discovered that the optic had shipped without a battery!

So it was off to town to a CVS drugstore/pharmacy to purchase a CR1632 battery. I arrived at the drug store a few minutes later and walked across the parking lot to enter the store when I realized I had failed to wear my face mask. Returned to the truck, retrieved my mask, put it on, and went inside.

Located the correct battery relatively quickly and got in line (at the prescribed proper social distance mandated by numerous signs and tape markings on the floor). Three cashiers on duty. One each on separate checkout stations. The third cashier appeared to me lost, dazed, or in a coma. Short wait, right?

WRONG. After two (2) separate price checks on register #1 and numerous calculations determining the value of about half a dozen discount coupons on register #2, the two 300lb. + female (I ASSUMED their gender) pinheads departed the store.

After four tries of attempting to get the bar code scanner to recognize the bar code on the package containing the battery battery I was purchasing, I was on my way home.

Total time for project: One hour 35 minutes

Total time actually spent removing the rear sight from my Sig, prepping the screw holes, installing and torquing the mounting screws, installing the new battery, reading the optic operating instructions, and adjusting the dot intensity on the optic: About 10 minutes.

I will get it to the range and get it zeroed this weekend if possible.
    We have the same type mail box "pods." I'd like an opportunity to speak to the genius who designed the openings to be DIFFERENT sizes on each end!

User Tag List